Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacing the cab carpet

Tigger

Tigger

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi all,

We're looking at a T6 Ocean ex demonstrator which appears to have had a run in with an over zealous car valeter who has damaged the carpet with scrubbing.... or someone has. I have asked how it happened but "the California man" was not in today.

I imagine the carpet can be replaced (& perhaps a darker colour would be a good idea!), but is it a bad idea to go down this route given that the seats etc would need to be taken out?

The deal itself is very good, 2k miles and everything else appears to be fine from our test drive, good spec for us. It is also available before we have our short notice 3 months off which is obviously important to us.

Oh, and if you were replacing the carpet would you get a tow bar fitted at the same time (no tow bar prep on it), just thinking that as the seats need to come out...

Thanks all
Tigger

IMG_0609.JPG

I could be wrong but I would try a good stiff brush over the carpet. I looks just like my household carpet that has been cleaned with a carpet shampoo and brush and allowed to dry. Stands out a mile until it has been vacuumed when dry and then you can't see where it has been scrubbed.
You'll be doing it yourself in that area quite frequently. The other place is the drivers L foot footrest.:thumb

I'd be delighted if you're right Welshgas, it might also explain it being present everywhere that you can get a cleaner into.

Snowy55, definitely some blemishes expected and indeed it has the scuffs on the front doors from seat turning, but I don't expect the carpet to look like this on a 2.5 month old vehicle. Hopefully it's just the shampoo thing!

Alfokia, yes I saw that earlier, I was going to get a local towbar place to do it as they did a great job on my xtrail. But yes, eek!

Thanks all

We just bought an ex demo 3 months old with 200 miles on the clock with not a mark on it, and the grey carpet in the cab still looks a little worn. I think it's just a poor choice of carpet / colour for the footwell. If you go to the effort of changing it I doubt it'll last long, I'd get some good fitted car mats.

Thanks Monkeytree. This is 1950 miles on the clock, 2.5 months old.