Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reversing Camera

Sorry to revive this but this is the reversing camera from the 'Edition" advert.
It tells me 2 things...
The curve in peoples number plate is a feature of the way the lens replicates it (and yes it may also be slightly warped as well). Because the red line is curved accordingly (perhaps not so obvious in some pics).
And
If the van in the advert had a number plate you would see it too.
Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 14.25.32.png

The number plate on the Edition is directly fixed to the vehicle, mine has a holder in between with the dealers name on it so the plate sticks out slightly more.
Maybe that's the reason I can see my plate in the camera!!

Sorry to revive this but this is the reversing camera from the 'Edition" advert.
It tells me 2 things...
The curve in peoples number plate is a feature of the way the lens replicates it (and yes it may also be slightly warped as well). Because the red line is curved accordingly (perhaps not so obvious in some pics).
And
If the van in the advert had a number plate you would see it too.
View attachment 31782
I reckon that screen image has been doctored.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

78f481bcad4e169fbddf3186fa53ef09.jpg
I have photographed mine again 8 months on. Either the camera has shifted or the plate has warped a little more.
IMG_2287.JPG

Seeing the number plate depends on whether the Dealer stuck the plate directly to the tailgate or used a plate to body mounting.
I didn't see mine as it was merely suck on by the Dealer and I later fitted a mounting plate after which time I can see the plate.

funny this, I noticed my number plate this week, sure I hadn't seen it before, thought it was just me..

Just checked my new MY19 convinced I wouldn't be able to see the plate and I can see it as well as part of the bike rack.

full

Last edited:
Temperature causes plates to bow, usually more obvious in summer temps though.
Alloy backing with perspex/clear plastic front.

I have photographed mine again 8 months on. Either the camera has shifted or the plate has warped a little more.
]
I can't see it? I look at your tow ball against the red line and the edges of your number plate ...even the lettering on your numberplate. Seems the same to me.

I'm glad it's not just us that's noticing the number plate. Noticed it for the first time last weekend - can't recall having seen it before - camera and number plate both seem okay and secure so we've not bothered with it any more!

I sometimes find the “Look! Safe to move?” message is missing which means I can see a lot more of the number plate.

Back