Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reversing Camera

I had never noticed it in my camera before, but today it's there
View attachment 29862
The number plate is flat on the metal of the van, so the plate doesn't seem to have curved. I'd also not noticed that the picture is a mirror image and the reg plate behind me is reversed.
I think mine has changed too and now shows the registration plate, the view of the rear of the bumper is a plus though in very tight parking situations.

There falling like flies. It’s an epidemic.

Not a warped plate on mine.

Mike

Mike

at the risk of being called a "Saddo" I'm going out now to check mine :)
IMG_0084.jpg

Last edited:
Someone will be along shortly with a non drooping one. Mine was. Perhaps it’s an age thing

I’m allowed this comment today because it’s my birthday and I’m feeling delicate.

Mike

I saw this thread the other day and thought nothing much of it but then going out in my Cali today noticed a good chunk of my number plate was visible just like the photos above and if I am honest would have thought nothing of it but for this thread. Never noticed before so I thought I would put my 2 penny worth on here but looking for the thread look what I found from two years ago.......

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/reversing-camera.14155/

Shades of deja vu?

Someone will be along shortly with a non drooping one. Mine was. Perhaps it’s an age thing

I’m allowed this comment today because it’s my birthday and I’m feeling delicate.

Mike
Happy Birthday Mike!

The distortion of the number plate is due to the lens optics of the camera rather any curvature of the plate. I've not noticed the mirror image before.

no number plate showing yesterday ... number plate showing today .... what's going on !?

no number plate showing yesterday ... number plate showing today .... what's going on !?

Seems most have done the same. Mine after a year. Very odd.

Mike

both days showing same temp on the dash ... camera seems secure and number plate not warped ....

i could have done yesterday ... but i was to smug thinking I'm alright jack,Doh

i recon it must have slipped internally ...

Well if someone is able to do so, then the rest of us have evidence that ours have moved. I'm personally happy enough with the view but if it does turn out to be that the camera is moving then it should be put right.
Sorry that I sound sceptical but it's because all the pictures posted are virtually identical and if the camera moved why do they move to present such a similar view that remains perfectly functional?
I've come round to thinking they are like this despite not seeing my number plate initially.
Here's mine....
The poor focus is my photography and rain.
IMG_4493.JPG

I reckon the lens has moved in the holder. Only way to be sure would be to take it out and have a look. But I won’t be doing that.

Mike

it has definitely moved , i have to reverse into a v tight and dark space min five times a day ... shame there is so few new trucks about at the mo

Mike it looks like it has been sealed in with mastic ...

Perhaps when all the emissions issue is over, someone may post then......

I can see the number plate from my camera. About the same as the picture above.

Back