Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Road Shower

Anyone got one / made their own?

https://www.roadshower.com

a rather comprehensive review here: https://www.overlandbound.com/forum...-gallon-pressurized-solar-shower-review.7989/

It appears the overlanders make their own
It would be interesting to see how it would work in a UK climate. What temperature would it get up to and would it retain much of its heat overnight?
Also If it's pressurised, I guess it can't be topped up without being pumped up.
It does look pretty slick though compared to my £3 Solar Shower!

It’s probably a bit OTT but quite an impressive bit of kit. Plus the chaps review is v impressive!

I’ve been hankering after making one of these - basically some Canadian guy’s home made version. It sounds simple enough to make from the video, just haven’t got around to it:

The thing that puts me off is having it on the roof rack - I try to avoid putting the rack on as much as possible so that we’re not restricted or we need to park. I wondered about attaching it to the awning rail on the passenger side so that it doesn’t stick up?

If it holds 15 litres of water then that is 15kg in weight. The pipe and other bits can’t weigh more than a kg in so say 16kg in total? According to their website the Thule omnistor awning (which I think iswhat comes as the factory fitted awning?) weighs 22kg - so weight shouldn’t be a problem. But how to attach it securely to the rail?

The thing that puts me off is having it on the roof rack - I try to avoid putting the rack on as much as possible so that we’re not restricted or we need to park. I wondered about attaching it to the awning rail on the passenger side so that it doesn’t stick up?

If it holds 15 litres of water then that is 15kg in weight. The pipe and other bits can’t weigh more than a kg in so say 16kg in total? According to their website the Thule omnistor awning (which I think iswhat comes as the factory fitted awning?) weighs 22kg - so weight shouldn’t be a problem. But how to attach it securely to the rail?

The awning rail would be a good idea.

Having the roof up and tilted would help with water pressure though

Was going to make one of these for my Landy years ago, seen a few home made ones on similar vehicles, didn't know you could get a commercially made one until I saw them at the show, don't think I would want it on the Cali roof, seen them mounted on Roo bars but that's another story.

Too much hassle and extra gear to carry for my liking. Nice bit of kit but easier to go to campsite/gym/swimming baths or +1 for wet wipes if no other options

Back