Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof access opening when driving

KLC 1C

KLC 1C

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Anyone else experience the sliding access to the roof open on its own accord gradually when driving?
Had the Cali 12 months and never used to do it.
Am I missing or have we broken a clip or some form of latch?

They do, I often have to close mine. I think it's a combination of a poor retaining clip and and body flexing.

Good morning,

Yes, this can happen. Some months ago it happned regularly to me, which is a wee bit annyoying.

I figured out that if close the roof slowly and try to "click it in" slowly and "square" it won't do it that often. With square I mean I won't grap the the roof in the middle where the little handel is. If I do so one or the other side is a bit behind. I hold the roof on both sides (I hope all this makes sense) while closing it.

Happy California,
Eberhar

I wedge my breakdown information card in-between the panel handle and runner which does the trick. I know others use credit cards and plastic cards about that size as well.

I put some felt tape on the runners left and right all to the front. Not just the 2 inches it is now. And some thicker strips (3) on the front of the slider. Now it stays shut.

Yes. Happens to us every single time we drive the van. When we got a new canvas for the tent it didn't slide open for a while. But now it does again. Especially when driving bumpy gravel roads. Close it every time I see it occur and for some reason havent thought a bout a fix. Will now, thanks to this thread.

Back