Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof bed mattress topper

Janno

Janno

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
As a Cali Newby....can anyone tell me if I fit a genuine mattress topper to the roof bed...do I have to remove it before shutting the roof back down or can I leave it in place?......are there any other (cheaper) after market ones that fit???....thanks Janno

Can you get a genuine mattress topper for the upper bed?

You have 4 options.
1. Use the Vw one supplied.
2. Use a topper of some description ( will need removing before closing the roof)
3. Comfortz 2 piece replacement memory foam mattress. (Can be left in place )
4 Comfortz thin mattress with a zonesleep upstairs topper (can be left in place)
I hope this helps kev

As a Cali Newby....can anyone tell me if I fit a genuine mattress topper to the roof bed...do I have to remove it before shutting the roof back down or can I leave it in place?......are there any other (cheaper) after market ones that fit???....thanks Janno
Have a look at 'The Range', they do cheap mattress toppers that come in a storage bag, might be worth a look

You have 4 options.
2. Use a topper of some description ( will need removing before closing the roof)
4 Comfortz thin mattress with a zonesleep upstairs topper (can be left in place)
I hope this helps kev
Thanks for the information Calikev....

You have 4 options.
I hope this helps kev
Thanks for the information Calikev....
Have a look at 'The Range', they do cheap mattress toppers that come in a storage bag, might be worth a look
Thank you Cannondale....

Option 5= duvalays I have the low tog and thinnest memory foam backing but find them spot on.

We’re also interested in a self inflating replacement for upstairs. Ideally 7.5cm to 10cm deep 200cm long, unfortunately we can’t find anything 120cm wide. If anyone knows / has a solution we’d be grateful

HI. I’m waiting for a new Coast coming April/May. Do you think the roof lowered would be enough to deflate the s2s mattres?
I don't own the S2S, so can't say, I am afraid. I only posted the link to @itguy video for informational purposes. Maybe Will can advise though?? All I would say is that the upstairs T6.1 bed with its independent froli springs is far better than the downstairs option with the VW "comfort" mattress. So I would recommend trying, before buying. All to easy to get caught up in the excitement of filling the spare room with accessories during the waiting process, its only natural. But you might be able to save a few pounds by seeing if it is really necessary first. It is all part of the fun though and April will be here before you know it ! :)

Yes you can keep it upstairs if you deflate it a bit and remove the normal VW mattress from up there.
Do you just pull the plugs to deflate or does the mattress need to be compressed? What do you use to inflate?

Do you just pull the plugs to deflate or does the mattress need to be compressed? What do you use to inflate?
To be completely sure it is sufficiently deflated for the roof to come down safely I use a rechargeable hand-held electric pump. It's a tiny thing about the size of a drinks can but is powerful enough to quickly deflate (and inflate)

Back