Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof lowering wonky

Apologies for the filth, it showered today and brought the sand and dust down with it.
615D0089-81AE-4243-AB93-17E7CF7C48F2.jpeg 5693B1F2-5569-4839-99A0-2ECAAB22A07E.jpeg

I believe you, Loz. I've never used that line myself, either...

Thanks for the photos. That looks like all is attached in a similar way. Which either means the awning bracket is 2 or 3 mm protuding into the vehicle, or the roof is 2 or 3mm overhanging where it should.

Either way, the seal rub on it's own isn't enough to stop the roof lowering completely. Something must be catching somewhere else within the mechanism. The noise sounded like it came from the very front of the runner when it was nearly closed. Be interesting to see what the dealership deduce...

Hello from the stunning Achill Island on the West Coast of Ireland!

One step forward, one step back with the roof though. The van was returned to us last week, all fixed but with instruction to make sure it's completely level when using the roof. Not convinced that was the root cause, but all working fine now with a new pump put in!

The step back? After three nights in, the roof is shuddering on the front left arm when we raise it. Anyone else ever had that problem? Only got three days back home before we go to Spain in the van. Eek!

The van was returned to us last week, all fixed but with instruction to make sure it's completely level when using the roof.

What the van should be completely level l to use the roof? If so I had better arrange for VW to take my van back as it would be of no use to me if I can only use the roof if the van is level.

What the van should be completely level l to use the roof? If so I had better arrange for VW to take my van back as it would be of no use to me if I can only use the roof if the van is level.
The caveats keep coming!
Awning that shouldn't be used in the sun and now level ground! Anyone want to buy a set of levelling ramps?

So the body twists so much that all roof stuf gets out of line and jams up if the van is not level. Is that what they are saying? I paraphrase of course ;)

So the body twists so much that all roof stuf gets out of line and jams up if the van is not level. Is that what they are saying? I paraphrase of course ;)
Surprised the side door doesn't hit the bodywork if the body is twisting.... Oh forgot it does!