Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Stuck twisting.Warning...

Actionwave

Actionwave

Novice California Owner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Lowered the roof at the weekend after a night camping, no problem. I then noticed that the driver side was not closed and at an angle...I managed to open and then close properly.
When back at home we opened it but when we tried to close the driver side was stuck fast and the right was closing and the roof was on the verge of buckling.....The driver side slider at the top was stuck, opened the roof fully again, ladder a can of silicon spray later, all good. Am concerned that there was no fail safe mechanism to stop this from happening or alerting me of the issue other than visually noticing just before heading off up the motorway...

Unfortunately there is no real fail safe mechanism it’s always advised to have someone watching the roof while you are lowering it if possible. There are sensors in the lift rams but they only register end positions.

Or stop frequently as you lower it to check & final check of roof before leaving site, at same time I check I have not left anything behind

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Or stop frequently as you lower it to check & final check of roof before leaving site, at same time I check I have not left anything behind

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Thanks, will do in the future, im getting there now with this California stuff!!!

Back