Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rough ferry crossing

VW Campers survive . Looked worse on the other Ferry, heading into the wind.:eek::eek::eek:

That’s why I won’t ever do the ferry again.

I’m booked onto the Liverpool - Belfast route with my Ocean (oh, the irony) just before Christmas. What could possibly go wrong? After all, the Irish Sea is always a millpond, right?

When P&O did the Spanish run we had a few hair raising crossings.
Over the past dozen or so years though I think we have only really had the one bad sailing and we do the trip four times a year.
Sad to say though, we have sacked off Brittany Ferries for the foreseeable future due to the few cabins available where we can take Effie the effin' dog. We generally book all the crossings when Brittany Ferries announce their timetable to the 'Club Voyage' members but this year due to illness we were unable to commit ourselves. Tried to book the four crossings for next year only last week........NO PET FRIENDLY CABINS on the dates we requested or anywhere near to the dates we requested. It's going to be driving through France from now on, via the Tunnel. I'll get myself a few extra Yellow Jackets.

The pet friendly cabins sell out really quickly. I don't really understand why they don't add more, given the demand.

The pet friendly cabins sell out really quickly. I don't really understand why they don't add more, given the demand.
Probably because the demand for Non-Pet cabins is greater. There are the on-board kennels.

We paid for a kennel on an overnight passage - Brindisi to Igoumenitsa - but decided to leave Meg in the van, a space where she is comfortable sleeping. Depending on the dog, probably not appropriate for journeys over ~10 hrs.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Probably because the demand for Non-Pet cabins is greater. There are the on-board kennels.
I don't think so, there were always non-dog cabins available when I looked on the same sailings. I assume it's more refurbing the cabins & having them separate, so that non-dog people aren't bothered. Anyhoo, way off-topic, so I'll shut up now.

What a ride.. I actually got goosebumps when the sub text rolled across the vid stating that the bus made it without a mark!

Back