Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SAFEGUARD INSURANCE - Anyone any experiences?

dfps

dfps

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi --Anyone any experience with SAFEGUARD.I have had a very good quote but cant seem to access the policy details online unless I proceed to buy.----by which time its to late if its not right.

The policy seems to cover European cover and European breakdown but I would prefer to see the policy details and get some recommendations from others who have used them.

The policy is underwritten by Allianz.

Anyone ?

Thanks

I've used them on and off for years as the quotes always seem reasonable and for me they don't have an issue with street parking.

Fortunately I've not had a claim but one of my friends has had a few claims and as far as I know without any issues.

When you get a quote online you can't add commuting but for me they did include it for no additional fee providing it's a single known address. Also the new for old is only for the 1st registered user.

Full European cover is also a bonus as is discount if you're a member of any camping club.

I used them for a year. They had me ringing round my local Vw dealers to find out the exact make and model of the alarm before they would confirm the price though. As nobody at Vw seemed to know they had to put it down as having no alarm which annoyed me. The following year i got a cheaper quote from comfort and moved.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

First renwal due (currently with Comfort) so shopping around ... Safeguard come in at £50 more than Comfort. This includes AA breakdown cover that I don't need (cos still got 2 years to go on VW Assist), and it can't be removed.

They can provide unlimited mileage and Class 1 Business.

So is trying to get back my no claims worth £50 and having 'double' breakdown cover?

Have used Safeguard for 3 years. Quotes have always been really competitive even though I had VW breakdown cover so didn't need AA cover that came with the insurance. I no longer have VW cover so the AA cover which includes Europe is a real bonus. Claimed for windscreen and dealt with and replaced without hassle.

I've just reinsured with Comfort after comparing quotes/cover provided. Safeguard were very helpful and almost identical on price/cover but their excesses in the event of a claim were higher. I'm a member of the Caravan Club and their quote was £25 cheaper than both without breakdown cover but I wanted the breakdown cover included with the insurance.

Regards..............Mike

Having spent the last couple of days checking cover and quotes with VW insurance, Comfort, Privilege, Camping and Caravan Club I have just obtained Comprehensive insurance with Safeguard. The initial quote was higher than others I had received however the person I was dealing with offered to check and then confirmed a quote with £50 cash back which made it more comparable. I requested that the discount be placed at time of purchase as the cashback offered was after 90days. This was accepted. The cover included unlimited mileage UK / Europe, European cover 365days ( no limits) , Legal protection £100,000, all fixture/ fittings, AA recovery ( Home start + Roadside recovery..UK and Europe) NCD protection ( 1 claim during cover). Excess £200 for all, £100 excess for glass replacement. Be aware if fault collision, no courtesy car and no third party cover to drive any other vehicles. I did not need AA recovery as I have VW assistance but this was not removeable. New for old as first registered keeper for 2years or 15,000miles. This altogether seemed like the most acceptable quotation I was offered.