Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SANEF toll tags - correctly charged?

F

Fourier

VIP Member
A friend has a french toll tag but said they were sometimes overcharged when travelling with a roof box- I wonder if the same applies to Californias? I would be nervous about going under the 2m barrier for the auto tag, so I guess you would have to use the other automatic lanes and hope they registered you correctly? Anyone reassure me before I order one?

I've just got back from a 2900 mile trip round France much of it on their toll roads. I had a Sanef unit fitted and was able to pass through all the dedicated 2m high booths without any problems. I don't have anything on my roof other than the side awning. Great fun bypassing all the queues at the other pay stations but quiet a heavy toll on your wallet when they bill you for the monthly usage. Well worth it though.

I have used the 2m lanes without issue to - except for the time I forgot I had bikes on the back but luckily no damage. :shocked :laugh2

I just had a look at one of my invoices and you can see which class you have been charged for so could challenge if it were wrong.

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 22.22.09.png