Sat Nav issue

Yesterday, I had new software installed by the dealer:
Hardware: H57​
Software: 0809​
Navigation database: 22.6​
Media-codec: 3.1.4​
Radio database: 1.30.24​
On the service note is listed: action 91ct carried out
I am told the SOS and navigation problems should be permanently solved with this. Only time will tell...
Hi - please could you keep us posted as to whether this update has worked - we have had the same issues and would like to know whether to ask for this update - thanks

Hi - please could you keep us posted as to whether this update has worked - we have had the same issues and would like to know whether to ask for this update - thanks
This update has cleared my issues!

Well I am taking our van in for the 0809 update on Wednesday with a new control panel and leisure battery terminal for good measure - let's hope it works! Thanks for all the info which really helped when I booked the appointment

Good luck. Don’t forget to post an update on the results
Well - I feel I should update and hope that someone out there knows how to help (VW are completely stuck). The van went in last Wednesday to have the software update to hopefully solve the battery reading issue and the SAT NAV glitching. Unfortunately, they fitted a new control panel and new battery terminals and these didn't fix the battery problem. BUT now they can't upload the software update, the van simply won't let them do this - there are 'too many errors in the system' apparently.
Are there any technical geniuses out there (or VW technicians) who know what could be done to rectify the problem?
Really hoping that the collective knowledge of this group could help - fingers crossed

Well - I feel I should update and hope that someone out there knows how to help (VW are completely stuck). The van went in last Wednesday to have the software update to hopefully solve the battery reading issue and the SAT NAV glitching. Unfortunately, they fitted a new control panel and new battery terminals and these didn't fix the battery problem. BUT now they can't upload the software update, the van simply won't let them do this - there are 'too many errors in the system' apparently.
Are there any technical geniuses out there (or VW technicians) who know what could be done to rectify the problem?
Really hoping that the collective knowledge of this group could help - fingers crossed
Thats very very unfortunate. I had to go 4 times to VW Van Centre York. First time their equipment didn't have enough storage to download the update. the second time it failed - wouldn't load into the van (sound familiar?) . 3rd time i went because i came across the battery issue. They checked battery and told me battery was fine and they thought it was part of the software issue. 4th time they uploaded the software into the van and 0809 fixed my problems - Sat Nav working and Battery level errors have disappeared. I suspect the issues arose in the first place because VW did an automatic upgrade to the software that had bugs and it has caused these sudden and widespread problems - I don't believe it is just random and we have all started experiencing a hardware meltdown together.

I think you may be where I was after 2nd visit - I believe while your local guys may well be in the dark, vw technical will have a good idea what's happening, . As long as your centre haven't screwed up the control panel installation they should be able to 'factory reset' and completely reload the entire software. It will take a while, but I suspect that's what 0809 is. Have your van centre put a call in to VW Technical? You could always suggest they could call VW Van Centre York, because they had the same issues with my van and fixed them. I have had no hardware changes to the van at all, it just came down to getting the correct, very large s/w update loaded.

Please keep the updates flowing as others may find similar issues. Nor do I want the thread to cause widespread panic! In my limited experience (ie 1 van) the issue is solvable.

Sorry, this is much longer than I intended and I have made you waste more of your life than you should have reading it!!

Thats very very unfortunate. I had to go 4 times to VW Van Centre York. First time their equipment didn't have enough storage to download the update. the second time it failed - wouldn't load into the van (sound familiar?) . 3rd time i went because i came across the battery issue. They checked battery and told me battery was fine and they thought it was part of the software issue. 4th time they uploaded the software into the van and 0809 fixed my problems - Sat Nav working and Battery level errors have disappeared. I suspect the issues arose in the first place because VW did an automatic upgrade to the software that had bugs and it has caused these sudden and widespread problems - I don't believe it is just random and we have all started experiencing a hardware meltdown together.

I think you may be where I was after 2nd visit - I believe while your local guys may well be in the dark, vw technical will have a good idea what's happening, . As long as your centre haven't screwed up the control panel installation they should be able to 'factory reset' and completely reload the entire software. It will take a while, but I suspect that's what 0809 is. Have your van centre put a call in to VW Technical? You could always suggest they could call VW Van Centre York, because they had the same issues with my van and fixed them. I have had no hardware changes to the van at all, it just came down to getting the correct, very large s/w update loaded.

Please keep the updates flowing as others may find similar issues. Nor do I want the thread to cause widespread panic! In my limited experience (ie 1 van) the issue is solvable.

Sorry, this is much longer than I intended and I have made you waste more of your life than you should have reading it!!
Thank you @Skooty Alan - no worries for the detailed post! I have passed on your info to our VW garage - hopefully they will contact York. I will keep you posted

Thank you @Skooty Alan - no worries for the detailed post! I have passed on your info to our VW garage - hopefully they will contact York. I will keep you posted
Any progress? I'm still error free - tempting fate I know. Van goes in for first oil service next week. I will ask the service manager how many other vans have had the issue.

I've just had the 91CT software update installed today so fingers crossed it fixes the SOS and satnav problems for me. Dealer said they find it works in 90% of cases and if it doesn't then it's a new SOS module. What's a little annoying is it's shown on the paperwork as a 'recall' but they don't seem to be proactive about installing it unless you actually report the problem to them.

91CT, that's a new one to me! 0809 is the latest s/w update I have on the van. Was it a specific recall item?

I've just had the 91CT software update installed today so fingers crossed it fixes the SOS and satnav problems for me. Dealer said they find it works in 90% of cases and if it doesn't then it's a new SOS module. What's a little annoying is it's shown on the paperwork as a 'recall' but they don't seem to be proactive about installing it unless you actually report the problem to them.
A Workshop Recall. Done when a problem is reported or during a Service, as it is a Non-Safety issue.

A Workshop Recall. Done when a problem is reported or during a Service, as it is a Non-Safety issue.
Given that the SOS feature is now a legal requirement you'd think they'd see it as a safety issue for it not to work reliably - but I'm sure you're correct in that VW don't see it as such. Their workshops would be swamped if all the 6.1 owners were trying to get S/W updates.

91CT, that's a new one to me! 0809 is the latest s/w update I have on the van. Was it a specific recall item?
Mine was showing 0809 before it went in today and still shows 0809 so I guess 91CT is something different.

I've just found a recall note from VW York dated 10th March telling me I need 91CT (OCU control unit update) on the Van. So, I suspect it has been done, but I will check!!

Spoke to VW Centre this morning. Apparently, 91CT was carried out on my van some months ago!

Which infotainment system is this we are discussing?

Discover Media or Discover Media Pro?

I have a discover media, it often locks up and reboots, wireless CarPlay often doesn't connect and the GPS position often gets stuck normally at the start of the journey.

I have hardware H22 with software 0306.

Those with H57 and H58 is that the pro?

Any progress? I'm still error free - tempting fate I know. Van goes in for first oil service next week. I will ask the service manager how many other vans have had the issue.
Hi - no progress - they still have the van after 2 weeks and can't sort it. They say they still can't download this all important software update so we are back to square one. They didn't seem interested in speaking with York as they 'have no connection with that dealer'?? We have now escalated it to VW UK who have created a case number and will call us within 48 hours. It sounds as though @markab has the same SAT NAV issue and is currently on an older software edition. Again - I will keep you posted once we have progress. If they can finally update the software on our van and it actually works, then we hopefully others will benefit from the info. Thanks again for the update!

I have a discover media, it often locks up and reboots, wireless CarPlay often doesn't connect and the GPS position often gets stuck normally at the start of the journey.

Those with H57 and H58 is that the pro?
The software problem we have is exactly like yours and we have the Discover Media like you. It's worth following this to see if the problem can be rectified!

Hi - I would be interested to hear what your SAT NAV issues are and whether they have been fixed with the 91CT update? Thanks

Those with H57 and H58 is that the proDiscover Medai Pro in my case
The software problem we have is exactly like yours and we have the Discover Media like you. It's worth following this to see if the problem can be rectified!
Mine is Media Pro

Hi - no progress - they still have the van after 2 weeks and can't sort it. They say they still can't download this all important software update so we are back to square one. They didn't seem interested in speaking with York as they 'have no connection with that dealer'?? We have now escalated it to VW UK who have created a case number and will call us within 48 hours. It sounds as though @markab has the same SAT NAV issue and is currently on an older software edition. Again - I will keep you posted once we have progress. If they can finally update the software on our van and it actually works, then we hopefully others will benefit from the info. Thanks again for the update!
Is it 0809 update they are trying to load?

Back