Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sat Nav map update

New update available for the Discover Media.

They are updated 21st of june 2021.
Version 1730

FYI of course...
Updating my dad's T6 Multivan with them though the program VW DiscoverCare.
How did you get on? I expect it failed because the 16gb+ map data of the latest release (whole of Europe) is too big for the sdcard. The DiscoverCare downloader is tempremental anyway.

I did a manual download of the data, unzipped it, moved the map folder from the existing sdcard to a backup location, then copied all of the map folder from the unzipped download except these sub folders:
\maps\00\cfg\mapcfg\SKODA
\maps\00\cfg\mapcfg\SEAT

I also omitted all language support folders in maps\00\sds except the GB folder but obviously keep the language folder that suits you.

It worked fine then.

How did you get on? I expect it failed because the 16gb+ map data of the latest release (whole of Europe) is too big for the sdcard. The DiscoverCare downloader is tempremental anyway.

I did a manual download of the data, unzipped it, moved the map folder from the existing sdcard to a backup location, then copied all of the map folder from the unzipped download except these sub folders:
\maps\00\cfg\mapcfg\SKODA
\maps\00\cfg\mapcfg\SEAT

I also omitted all language support folders in maps\00\sds except the GB folder but obviously keep the language folder that suits you.

It worked fine then.
Downloaded Europe partially, so it would fit the 16GB.
He doesn't need the whole of Europe in his Multivan anyways.

Back