• Thread starter TwentyOneThirtyFive
  • Start date
TwentyOneThirtyFive

TwentyOneThirtyFive

Scruffy looking Nerf herder
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I have noticed that we are not alone in naming our Sat Nav. Ours, rather unimaginatively is called Mrs Tomtom.

So go on, I know there are at least two other named units. What's yours called?

Victoria, of course ...

What else would go with Albert? :D

She is also distinctly unamused when I go the wrong way

We have a Garmin.

Our daughter's partner's family name is Garbett, so it gets called Garbett...!
Not very imaginative :sorry

Sulu is our navigator when we are Star Trekking across the universe.... The reg is ZZU so that sounds a bit like zulu too.

Mine's generally called "Are you taking the mick? Why do I want to go down that country lane when there is a perfectly good A road route you Muppet? Are you sponsored by Shell Oil?".

A fair mouthful to be honest, but generally that's the name I gave it.

Sally Satnav.................
I don't call it names very often:) However I often call the cali. a truck my last truck was a VWSyncro that I drove for 21 plus years so have got into the habit of calling the Cali "The Truck ":( Sad as I have had Calis. for 5 plus years I am beyond help:)

Sally SatNav does get upset if ignored. The best was in Sweden. On a coastal motorway north of Stockholm, a new section had been just opened that went straight across an estuary via a new bridge, instead of around it. As we deviated from her route she kept telling me to " Execute a U turn " until we got on the new bridge with the map just showing all blue with the arrow, then just one word " Execute " then silence. I think she was sulking until the next exit.

Definitely a preponderance of female names so far!

Doris. They've all been called that. All our friends' Satnavs now also called Doris

I have a little wandering chap called Snufkin. I enjoy saying "wake up, Snufkin," to activate the voice control :embarrased

Gipsy. Has the letters GPS in it and shows Betsy the way to new horizons.

I haven't managed to come up with a name for the van yet let alone my satnav.
We just call the California " The Van " and the MX5 is " Hers ".

I'm glad I'm not alone in naming the sat nav then. Some good names.

Despite constantly trying to take us down silly little roads to avoid the hassle of driving down freely flowing A roads, and despite not being able the find the most easterly point in England, and despite taking us over a bridge that was about 2cm wider than the van (and accessed via a 90' bend), she is now part of the travelling family. Utter nonsense, when she dies I'm getting a Garmin.

True story: I once swore at Mrs Tomtom so much that she automatically switched herself to silent mode!

Despite constantly trying to take us down silly little roads to avoid the hassle of driving down freely flowing A roads, and despite not being able the find the most easterly point in England, and despite taking us over a bridge that was about 2cm wider than the van (and accessed via a 90' bend), she is now part of the travelling family. Utter nonsense, when she dies I'm getting a Garmin.

True story: I once swore at Mrs Tomtom so much that she automatically switched herself to silent mode!
Hi
Was that the bridge at Oundle in Nothants.
I went passed the very narrow bollards, I should have turned round and gone another way. I did manage it without a mishap but the bollards were well and truly battered by some poor souls.
My RNS 510 did not like it around West Lynn (Kings Lynn ) Norfolk but neither did I, had often seen the sign to that area and decided to have a look round the area, shan't go there again!!!:(:(:(

Was that the bridge at Oundle in Nothants.

No, somewhere on Dartmoor. Now you mention it I do remember some narrow stuff around Norfolk as well...

Mine is called 'The Sexy Voice' I downloaded it to the GPS thingy. Although it is a ladies voice it is distinctly not sexy but that's what I call it.

Oooops it looks like we are lost I'll ask 'The Sexy Voice' girlfriend then tuts and rolls her eyes :rolleyes:

For the most easterly point in England you have to follow the Birds eye sign. When you get to the ugliest part of the processing factory there is a grotty car park around the back and by the sea wall in front so there sits the plaque ....

Here we go, the most Easty you can get a Westy in England...

file-1.jpg

I haven't managed to come up with a name for the van yet let alone my satnav.
+1 for us as well.
And, while Cathy's car is 'mummy's car', the van is owned by the whole family apparently. The kids won't allow the phrase 'my van'. No amount of waving the V5 about will persuade them otherwise.

We called our Cali Margot after the haughty but loveable character in the 1980s Tv series The Good Life. The Good Life being an apt reference to our new found gypsy lifestyle. If you haven't seen the series then this post will make little sense. If you have, we have named our sat nav Miss Mountshaft, the domineering and dictatorial leader of Margot's music society. We also have a Jerry. He knows his place and lives under the sink.

We also had a Fenella in a previous car. She got very tight lipped if you didn't follow her instructions. Our current car has a teutonic amazon called Helga. She is definitely not to be messed with.

Back