Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scotland MEET - 18th-19th November

willibai

willibai

Was just wondering how many Cali owners we have on here from Scotland.

Don't see that many cali's were I am.

Where are you all.....

Cheers

Gary

Re: Scottish Cali Owners

Does having a Scottish surname and having a holiday there (Mull) last month count?

Thought not!

But welcome!

Your pesky traffic light cameras go me in Glasgow - first EVER points (3) - arrghhhh!!!

Aberdeen calling...

Ayrshire....

Stirlingshire ...

Sunny Edinburgh (today that is)

KernowLad said:
Does having a Scottish surname and having a holiday there (Mull) last month count?

Thought not!

But welcome!

Your pesky traffic light cameras go me in Glasgow - first EVER points (3) - arrghhhh!!!

I've been done in Edinburgh by a traffic light camera. Sent me a nice picture and informed me it was 1.8 seconds after turning red I went through. Very frustrating.

Include Glasgow (neighbour has one too) ...

willibai said:
KernowLad said:

Thought not!

But welcome!

I've been done in Edinburgh by a traffic light camera. Sent me a nice picture and informed me it was 1.8 seconds after turning red I went through. Very frustrating.

Indeed it is - I could have fought it (camera was hidden by trees; not allowed and a couple of other minor things) but risked worse if I failed.

DAMMIT!

A few kicking about up here after all !

I'll keep an eye out and give yous a thumbs up as i pass.

A few more members and it may warrant a "Regional" meet ???

cheers

Gary

willibai said:

cheers

Gary

Gary, we need a volunteer for 1st December :thumb ;)

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2215

and of course a volunteer is batter than a pressed man :barmy :laugh2

Do we qualify to be in your gang, I am afflicted with a Scottish woman. :funny :laugh2 :rofl

If the Scottish cali owners don't want you, the Scottish Football Team will adopt you, if you can kick a ball. Qualification is easy it doesn't matter if you are English as long as you have some association with Scotland, been in Scotland, have a Scotty dog etc etc. Contact Craig Levein at the SFA

pingpal6 said:
If the Scottish cali owners don't want you, the Scottish Football Team will adopt you, if you can kick a ball. Qualification is easy it doesn't matter if you are English as long as you have some association with Scotland, been in Scotland, have a Scotty dog etc etc. Contact Craig Levein at the SFA

:laugh2 :laugh2

I have some tartan pants, would that do?

Martin said:
willibai said:

cheers

Gary

Gary, we need a volunteer for 1st December :thumb ;)

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2215

Hi Martin

I'm always willing to help when I can but due to spending a lot of time overseas with my work and not knowing when I will be home or away I'm not the best bet for a regional host.

Anyone one else up this neck of the woods want to step up?

If I'm home I like camping and pubs :thumb

For me same as above. Never sure until the last minute where I would be for work so it's hard to say yes as I do not want to have to drop it at the last minute because I am not around.

Edit: Thinking about it though I do have a large amount of my holiday left so I guess I could book a couple of days off I.e. Friday and Monday which would mean I could say yes. Hmmm.

Top man. Offer some of your warm chilli noodle soup and you will have them flocking to
A meet :rofl :rofl

So who from gods country is interested in a meet?

I was thinking somewhere in the middle but that's depending where everyone is traveling from so we can work out where the middle is. Midlands? (that's Stirling not Birmingham for those south of the border).

Also when are people available? The later it gets the colder it gets but now I finally know the right heater settings I.e. 7 is sauna, 3 is southern England cold night I am sure it is manageable downstairs.

Hi

I would be interested in attending a Scottish meet. As stated earlier I'm away with work a lot but if I'm home I would attend.
I'm involved with the mk1 golf owners club and try to show my car as often as I can over the summer months but unfortunately always miss a few due to work commitments.

If this gets off the ground I would advise nearer the date if available.

I live on the east coast just outside Dundee.

Stirling is central as you say with the Trossachs not to far away. Callander always being worth a visit too.

Kind of spoilt aren't we :thumb