Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Scottish meet, 22nd November

Hi Ewan, we (Iain & Anne) will be there as long as the weather is not extreme.
Cooking, we have a Remoska and Cadac BBQ and will share our experiences with them. Have added 2 LEDs to the tailgate for approx £5, great in a dark site.
Do we need to book lunch or are you doing a block booking?

Hi Anne,

Great, really glad you can both make it. So we'll be having a BBQ next week then ?!

I've already booked lunch but will confirm final numbers this week.

Looking forward to Sunday.....will fetch Fred down from the farm tomorrow to check he doesn't need a jump start! I'll then probably winterise him (remove all foods, etc) but fish out some of my funny and/or can't live without it gear....and put a few photos on my iPad from my (few) summer exploits.

I can't wait to swap stories and ideas....oh, I must remember to bring a notebook for campsite ideas!

I'm bringing a non-camper with me....sorry if he looks bewildered...he just doesn't 'get it'!

See you all soon please bring gizmos: I'd love to see cookers and spare wheel locks...and the coffee gizmos....can't wait!

⛺️.....

Looking forward to Sunday.....will fetch Fred down from the farm tomorrow to check he doesn't need a jump start! I'll then probably winterise him (remove all foods, etc) but fish out some of my funny and/or can't live without it gear....and put a few photos on my iPad from my (few) summer exploits.

I can't wait to swap stories and ideas....oh, I must remember to bring a notebook for campsite ideas!

I'm bringing a non-camper with me....sorry if he looks bewildered...he just doesn't 'get it'!

See you all soon please bring gizmos: I'd love to see cookers and spare wheel locks...and the coffee gizmos....can't wait!

⛺️.....[/QU

Our Flora and her doting owners are looking forward to meeting you all.
Weather fortunately looks as if it might be okay for tomorrow, so we are hoping to get there for just after midday. We are travelling from Haddington, East Lothian.

I'm really sorry but I'm not now going to be able to make today's lunch. An urgent family issue has just cropped up which means I can't get away unfortunately. I reconfirmed the lunch booking yesterday for 16 and you should hopefully have a private room to yourselves just off the main bar area.

I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again, particularly on such a sunny day. Hopefully we can organise another weekend meet when warmer weather comes next summer. Really sorry I can't be there.

Hi Ewan, thank you for arranging meet and sorry you couldn't make it. There were 18 of us for lunch, we had a good blether and a look around each others vans afterwards.
The gadget idea was quite popular with a few different items recommended.
Hopefully not too long till we have a camping get together.

Hi Ewan,
Sorry you weren't able to manage lunch today. There was a great turnout and lots of chat. Nice meal too - so a success all round (barring your absence of course!) Nice to see some old faces from earlier in the year and some new ones too. Hope we can do it again in the spring!

So sorry I missed it ... hopefully we can organise a weekend in the Spring or Summer. I'm glad the meal worked out well. Did anyone get any pictures ??

So sorry you couldn't make it, Ewan. Everyone missed you...you have done so much since we last met you, we were all looking forward to hearing your news and achievements in person. You're our celeb!

Lunch was a great success....lots of campervan tales (even Sam, the guy who doesn't 'get it' enjoyed our banter).

I now have two new items on my present list: a remoska and a handpresso.....sadly too late for the Christmas wish list. Thanks for demos, really great to get a real life look at them rather than an Amazon pic (that's another story...)

I had some interesting chats re porta pottis, or equivalents...so might try wildcamping next year....I'll report later on my proposed option....I'm still working on it!

However during a conversation about camping on Corsica, there was a moment when we thought we'd maybe not be so brave to wild camp: hearing about disputes being settled by the law of the gun was rather offputting....however apparently that's only family disputes.....

There was some sad news of the demise of two Cali dogs over the past six months, but happier times to come with a new puppy in our midst. And more significantly, a new baby....welcome indeed to Tommy Gun and family who are waiting for delivery of their T6.

The weather this summer had certainly curtailed plans but some, unlike myself, had battled the storms with bellows still in tact! Others, like me, had not ventured out in the first place.....roll on retirement when able to follow the sun might be a possibility...at the moment, I am confined to weekends which didn't allow me to get far enough to find sun! It's obvious that the effort is often repaid in bucketfuls...just difficult to sum up the enthusiasm on Thursdays to pack up in the rain for a weekend of potential rain.

As to my latest Amazon purchase....I bought a wee midge tent in USA which I hoped would allow me to confidently head for the west coast of Scotland next summer. It came back as oversized luggage and I have been told my campervan could fit inside it!

Which brings me to Gill's handy work: a fabulous midge net to cover the doorway, held on by magnets (no alterations to van necessary), trimmed in fabric to match cushions...and with its own matching pouch to keep it safe! There was enough enthusiasm from those present that I think she could go into mass production and be very successful!

So let's hope next year's weather is kinder to us. In the meantime, Fred will be winterised tomorrow (fuel filled and water emptied). I look forward to our spring meet up. Merry Christmas to all!

Sorry you couldn't make it Ewan - do hope everything is ok.

We are really pleased that we came along & met you all. What a super bunch.
Good crack at the table, some very interesting stories & let's no forget those stunning vans in the car park.

Iain, thanks for all the demos - much appreciated !! :thumb

We really enjoyed ourselves, a great day out & looking forward to seeing you all next time.
Take care.

Cheers
Tom

It sounds like a successful meet all round ! And thanks for your round-up of the banter, Suzanne - very good. I now have visions of you driving up and parking inside your massive midge tent, and Stuart wild camping in Corsica with a rifle under his pillow, wild-west style !!

Looking forward to next time.