Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scotland MEET - 18th-19th November

Re: Scottish Cali Owners

Happytramp said:
Inverness based but currently travelling in Cali in Wales :barmy

Hi & Welcome

Good to here from another member up North.

Never been to Wales yet but hopefully get a trip down next year in the van.

Enjoy your trip. Let us know how u get on.

Cheers

I'd love to join you, however I need to get hold of a Cali first. Sensibly priced 4motion would suit me fine in East Lothian, anyone?

:hello

JockMacMad said:
Indeed we are. I lived in 'The Ferry' for a couple of years :)

Any other takers for a meet?

Born and bred in 'the ferry' !

As above any other takers?

Another Inverness Cali - thought I was the only one but now I know there is another! :cool Would be up for a Scottish meet - have van will travel!

Aberdeen calling ......up for a Scottish meet. Date and place......?

Well it certainly seems we have enough for a small meet. Good question on the where and when.

We are getting into an interesting time for weather for sure but how does the first weekend in November grab everyone? I will try to find a site open unless anyone has suggestions.

Count me in. Early Nov is better for me than 1st Dec.

I'm flying up to Glasgow tomorrow to have a look at a 2008 174black 4motion...It's a long drive home to Brighton!

Any advice on things I should take a close look at, or check works, would be helpful.

Colin

Jock, it was I long drive back. I have never been that far north. The dealer I bought it from had been amazed by the amount of calls he had about it. 4 motions are pretty rare - hens teeth, rocking horse **** spring to mind. Or a Scotich lass with a tan.

I was lovely to drive, kept it at about 2000 rpm and managed 35.2 mpg. It's now tucked away in storage as I'm off to Western Australia for several months windsurfing - living in a very basic van. But looking forward to a summer of windsurfing in Europe. I know I'm going to have to ditch the rock and roll bad to make room for my windsurfing boards, but a roof box should keep the interior free from damp salty sails.

Happy days!

Sorry can't make first weekend in November - after 9th Nov for me. :thanks

Re: Calling all Scottish Cali Owners - Meet in November

Fife

Re: Calling all Scottish Cali Owners - Meet in November

Nice one Jock for trying to get a meet sorted. I know these can take time and effort to sort out.

Just pick a date for me and I'll let yous know if I can attend. My work normally makes sure I'm away for things I want to be home for :headwall

Fingers crossed tho

Re: Meet in SCOTLAND in November - Would you like to attend?

Have you guys decided on a date yet? Once you have we can get it on this weeks email blast ?

I can do the weekend of the 2nd, 3rd or the 16th & 17th. Happy to facilitate either. But not it's not firmed up yet.

dates please? I am happy to pop over the border to meet some other cali friends - but i would like a week or so notice please

16/17 would be good for me as long as A9 is open - would need to be dog friendly venue :thanks

Well if the A9 is closed I will not be there either lol

4Motion is the answer.
It looks like these two weekends will be out for me for this one, unfortunately.
Next time though.

I'm away to Mumbai next weekend for 5 weeks so I'm out :sad

As above. Next time

Can I take a roll call of those interested and where they would be coming from. I have a site in mind at Pitlochry but before I call I wanted to check it's not too far North so I can adjust if necessary.

Thanks
Don

If it was the weekend of the 10th I would come from Inverness

I can't make Sat 10th but the weekends either side are clear. Pitlochry's good for me - I'm near Stirling.

I cannot make the 10th either. Although I could make the 2/3rd I will have a van full of items for my house rennovation which will likely make actually sleeping in the van impossible.

Therefore i will contact campsites around Pitlochry which are dog friendly for the weekend of the 18/19th although I conceded I may end up being there on my own :)