Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scottish forests - legal stopovers

Scotland is a nation on it's own right within the UK. Hence why it has an entirely separate legal system, which has given far greater freedom to roam our land than you have in England. Please respect that.

We are living through a Public Health situation, which falls under Scotland's devolved governance. Please respect that up here we diverged from the UK approach because it was not working, and we are on striving toward zero COVID, something your government might wish to try.

This link may provide some insight for anyone that cares to put public health before their own narrow self interest.

So please stop with your exceptionalism. It is not becoming. And on the matters relating to this thread, Scotland is a separate country to England. Scotland's communities are not yours to dictate to.
Scotland is Not a separate country. Fact.
It has a Devolved Administration with responsibility for certain aspects of Government. It is also, as is Wales and N Ireland heavily dependant on the UK Government finances. Fact.

It has a Devolved Administration with responsibility for certain aspects of Government. It is also, as is Wales and N Ireland heavily dependant on the UK Government finances. Fact.
Aye ok pal. Keep drinking the UKoolaid.

The United Kingdom is still a unitary sovereign country I’m afraid.

The outdoors is now open to everyone.

Please try to keep up.
Countries (plural) of the United Kingdom... your link. So England and Scotland are different countries.

Nothing in there to contradict my stated position. Especially on public health. And no-one said you were not welcome to visit. We're just asking for you to respect our communities wishes, is that so hard for you to understand?

Last edited:
Countries (plural) of the United Kingdom... your link. So England and Scotland are different countries.

Nothing in there to contradict my stated position. Especially on public health. And no-one said you were not welcome to visit. We're just asking for you to respect our communities wishes, is that so hard for you to understand?

My country of Birth is the United Kingdom. Furthermore Scotland etc are not recognised as separate countries by ISO.

Is it beyond you to consider that people who do respect their environments and the communities they visit are made to feel unwelcome by the indiscriminate bans and constant moaning?

As you welcome responsible visitors, I meet that criteria, I don’t drop litter or sewage, so the arbitrary bans don’t apply to me. Respect only works if it is bilateral.

Scotland is part of the United Kingdom. FACT.

Back