Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat covers

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone point me in the direction of the seat cover fitting videos. I had the a couple of weeks ago, but now can’t find them. I have Premierre GTI covers, have them half fitted but just want to check something out. I don’t mean the bus and beyond video.

Hi Elly, yes we have the same quandary. Our seat covers arrived today and I've noticed the difference. They came with some photos but it isn't clear where the clips need to be placed to secure the front seats without fouling the seat rotation mechanism. Have you fitted yours yet? What did you do?

Hi Elly, yes we have the same quandary. Our seat covers arrived today and I've noticed the difference. They came with some photos but it isn't clear where the clips need to be placed to secure the front seats without fouling the seat rotation mechanism. Have you fitted yours yet? What did you do?
Hi Ian. Yes, ours are fitted and look fabulous.

Under the front driver’s seat I stretched the 2 sets of elastics and connected front to back. I put the hooks on and thought they’d connect, it was so close, but not quite so I used a ring from a key fob to bridge the gap each time. So the hooks are hooked onto the rings. I didn’t bother with the middle back elastic. I pulled the draw through elastic tight each side and tied the long ends together.

Under the passenger seat there’s a leisure battery so I couldn’t connect the elastics back to front. For those at the back, I attached to a place I could feel under the seat, working blind and feeling. For the front elastics, the one on the right as you sit on the seat connected to something that wasn’t the mechanism, but I couldn’t find a connection point for the door side one, so just tucked it up. The draw through elastics do a real good job of keeping everything tight when you tie the ends at the back so I think it’ll be alright. Some people get so frustrated they only use the draw through elastics and report all is fine.

I found the trickiest bit was the back seat back cover zips. It was the only bit I couldn’t do on my own, but by then the sun had gone down and my fingers were freezing. So my hubby went inside and I was in the boot. Between us we smoothed and stretched the fabric so the zip ends met.

Another tricky bit was getting the back seat bottom cover front elastics all the way through where they need to go, so I tied the elastic (with a piece of webbing that I knew would be fairly easy to get the knot undone blind, feeling under the seat in the open draw space) to the end of a plastic spatula that has a hole in the flat handle and pushed that through, attached hooks and connected, blind.

I got my arm stuck a couple of times attaching the back elastics of the bench seat cover under the seat so if you haven’t got skinny arms, it would be easier to get someone who has.

Despite the tricky bits I thought it was all very logical. I’m a huffy puffy, muttery, sweary type person when things get tricky, but I only muttered “bugger“ twice and “come on you little sh*t“ once, so it can’t have been too bad. Good luck with yours.

Last edited:
Hi Ian. Yes, ours are fitted and look fabulous.

Under the front driver’s seat I stretched the 2 sets of elastics and connected front to back. I put the hooks on and thought they’d connect, it was so close, but not quite so I used a ring from a key fob to bridge the gap each time. So the hooks are hooked onto the rings. I didn’t bother with the middle back elastic. I pulled the draw through elastic tight each side and tied the long ends together.

Under the passenger seat there’s a leisure battery so I couldn’t connect the elastics back to front. For those at the back, I attached to a place I could feel under the seat, working blind and feeling. For the front elastics, the one on the right as you sit on the seat connected to something that wasn’t the mechanism, but I couldn’t find a connection point for the door side one, so just tucked it up. The draw through elastics do a real good job of keeping everything tight when you tie the ends at the back so I think it’ll be alright. Some people get so frustrated they only use the draw through elastics and report all is fine.

I found the trickiest bit was the back seat back cover zips. It was the only bit I couldn’t do on my own, but by then the sun had gone down and my fingers were freezing. So my hubby went inside and I was in the boot. Between us we smoothed and stretched the fabric so the zip ends met.

Another tricky bit was getting the back seat bottom cover front elastics all the way through where they need to go, so I tied the elastic (with a piece of webbing that I knew would be fairly easy to get the knot undone blind, feeling under the seat in the open draw space) to the end of a plastic spatula that has a hole in the flat handle and pushed that through, attached hooks and connected, blind.

I got my arm stuck a couple of times attaching the back elastics of the bench seat cover under the seat so if you haven’t got skinny arms, it would be easier to get someone who has.

Despite the tricky bits I thought it was all very logical. I’m a huffy puffy, muttery, sweary type person when things get tricky, but I only muttered “bugger“ twice and “come on you little sh*t“ once, so it can’t have been too bad. Good luck with yours.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive reply Elly. I'm sure it will definitely help us. I'll let you know how it goes