Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Second hand Coast for sale

Ladymuck

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
First one (I've seen) for sale second hand so thought I'd share in case anyone interested in what its going for. From what I can see no additional spec added apart from the colour and asking £55k ! It can't have cost more than 50k if they got 10% discount, there's some added extras but still making a profit if sell it at that price !

First one (I've seen) for sale second hand so thought I'd share in case anyone interested in what its going for. From what I can see no additional spec added apart from the colour and asking £55k ! It can't have cost more than 50k if they got 10% discount, there's some added extras but still making a profit if sell it at that price !
I’m missing the share? Or was there a link?

Blimey. We're paying a lot less for new with extras. But I guess they'll get what someone is willing to pay.

From extra pictures, it does look like theyve added extras. Strange not to list them. Looks like upgraded radio, heated seats and fog lights. Poss alloys too. Could have been a dealer demo purchase

From extra pictures, it does look like theyve added extras. Strange not to list them. Looks like upgraded radio, heated seats and fog lights. Poss alloys too. Could have been a dealer demo purchase
What a shame they have to sell it !

I really don't get the objective of starting a thread for something like this. Someone is trying to sell their beach for what they think is the right price and there is a discussion (or should I call it gossip?) going on here about the van.

Not sure what purpose it serves ...

I personally look forward to some useful information and a bit of banter on the forum, not.gossip ! #headbang.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I really don't get the objective of starting a thread for something like this. Someone is trying to sell their beach for what they think is the right price and there is a discussion (or should I call it gossip?) going on here about the van.

Not sure what purpose it serves ...

I personally look forward to some useful information and a bit of banter on the forum, not.gossip ! #headbang.

It's very much a relevant post for people looking to buy a new or nearly new Cali especially when the asking price is more than ordering new.

Also it's a Coast not a Beach, you are obviously not interested so why post?
Go bang your head elsewhere

Last edited:
Well, you get the point so I shall leave it here.

I agree with @Ladymuck this is a relevant post in this forum sub-section. Whilst I don’t doubt selling the van was a v hard decision for the owner involved, the Autotrader ad does give a good indication of price trends for those thinking of dipping their toes into Cali buying (have to say this looks like one of the first UK dealer demos, hence the Jan 20 reg date and 2 owners).

As an aside I wonder how many RDE1-engined Calis destined for UK shores (and hence need to be registered prior to 2021) do NOT have confirmed buyers? Will there be a glut of dealer pre-regs available in January? Just a thought for those willing to hold on a few weeks...

I agree with @Ladymuck this is a relevant post in this forum sub-section. Whilst I don’t doubt selling the van was a v hard decision for the owner involved, the Autotrader ad does give a good indication of price trends for those thinking of dipping their toes into Cali buying (have to say this looks like one of the first UK dealer demos, hence the Jan 20 reg date and 2 owners).

As an aside I wonder how many RDE1-engined Calis destined for UK shores (and hence need to be registered prior to 2021) do NOT have confirmed buyers? Will there be a glut of dealer pre-regs available in January? Just a thought for those willing to hold on a few weeks...
Anything coming up in Jan is likely to be snapped up by those wanting a Cali for the summer I would have thought, although the disadvantage would be you can't spec it yourself, would dealers price higher than new order value though?

Anything coming up in Jan is likely to be snapped up by those wanting a Cali for the summer I would have thought, although the disadvantage would be you can't spec it yourself, would dealers price higher than new order value though?
@Ladymuck, as I asked how might be available? That will drive the price the dealers will be able to command.

Pros - immediate delivery, no potential Brexit tax

Cons - Winter. New factory order might well be cheaper (as of today, albeit with April-June delivery, maybe even later if Europe-wide lockdown returns). Spec already set in stone.

Tough call, but again it depends on how many come to the dealers in the next 8 weeks or so, and how many of those have confirmed buyers.

You wouldn’t be able to Drive the Deal surely ...
I wonder where they got those seat covers...

Last edited:
Great post thank you - the deal breaker for me would be no panaramic opening & the colour far too out there for me.
Those seat covers are available at the fab forum shop I believe - now seat covers are a whole topic for discussion & decision! but I have parked that one until I actually have my Cali in my hands!
On another point on another thread re the number plate choice - I just cant decide whether I like them or not! But then Im not too keen on having a 70 plate either - I like to go under the radar somewhat!! What are you thinking Ladymuck?!

Great post thank you - the deal breaker for me would be no panaramic opening & the colour far too out there for me.
Those seat covers are available at the fab forum shop I believe - now seat covers are a whole topic for discussion & decision! but I have parked that one until I actually have my Cali in my hands!
On another point on another thread re the number plate choice - I just cant decide whether I like them or not! But then Im not too keen on having a 70 plate either - I like to go under the radar somewhat!! What are you thinking Ladymuck?!
I think we are going to have to go for seat covers sooner rather than later the fabric isn't as dark as i hoped (from pics I've seen) with a 4 and 7 year old it may have to take priority over a ridge monkey !
As for reg plates, I'm not keen on having 70 or 71 plate either so might have a look at a cheap personal plate but it's not something I want to spend at lot on

Seems a bit harsh to criticise a private seller without mentioning theres a dealer advertising the same spec, same colour, same mileage, same age, same number of owners van, for £7k more. In comparison the private one is a bargain.

As for reg plates, I'm not keen on having 70 or 71 plate either so might have a look at a cheap personal plate but it's not something I want to spend at lot on
Whats the issue with 70 / 71 plates?

Seems a bit harsh to criticise a private seller without mentioning theres a dealer advertising the same spec, same colour, same mileage, same age, same number of owners van, for £7k more. In comparison the private one is a bargain.
Hello Andy in Luton, I didn't mean it to come across as a criticism, it's an observation, something I'm interested in as I've ordered a Coast recently and i've been waiting to see a second hand one for sale. If looking to buy new or nearly new then i'm sure people are going to want to know that you can get one cheaper if you ordered it new with DTD 10% discount.
Have you got the link to the one for 7k more ? I'd be interested in seeing it

I want my van to be a timeless classic :)

Its on auto trader, if you filter by age newest first it comes up 2 further down the page.

Im faced with the awful task of making people redundant & timing isnt great having a brand new Cali sat at work! So I may just get a disguise plate! ? Ive had a play on DVLA Direct but not too sure about that either as never been a fan of personal plates!