Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Second hand Coast for sale

It was a provisional build slot of week 11 2021 confirmed by VW chat
Thanks I didn't know about this just checked mine and have a provisional build date of week 52 - how long is it from then until you get the van ?
I wonder why yours is so much later ?
Sorry totally off topic !

VWC ending plates are cheap only paid £250 for X44 VWC had it years and still works on club joker

Thanks I didn't know about this just checked mine and have a provisional build date of week 52 - how long is it from then until you get the van ?
I wonder why yours is so much later ?
Sorry totally off topic !
i checked again today as bit bored with all this rain! Told its a status 10 which means its only a provisional date & now at Week 3 18th Jan but can change at any time!

There are a lot of vans coming onto the market now, some are aspirational others more realistic.

Unfortunately there would appear very tough times ahead.

You say you are making people redundant.
Is that You personally or are you acting for a company in which you work?
Is the brand new Cali bought by You personally or bought through the Company?
if its your company and you are buying the new Cali through the company, then you should be investing in the company and people, as now is not the time for redundancies and with all the public funding on offer its completely inappropriate.
If its ultimately you are another employee doing your job, then you should spend your earned money as you see fit without the ethical dilemma.
Hope it goes well for you, and we all enjoy a deserved break in our vans in the year ahead.

if its your company and you are buying the new Cali through the company, then you should be investing in the company and people, as now is not the time for redundancies and with all the public funding on offer its completely inappropriate.
If its ultimately you are another employee doing your job, then you should spend your earned money as you see fit without the ethical dilemma.
Hope it goes well for you, and we all enjoy a deserved break in our vans in the year ahead.
Hi Gerard, Yes its my company but regardless of Covid I would be in this situation as the issues are linked to liability claims & in no way connected to Covid whatsoever - it is my purchase, nothing to do with the company, & I think anybody with half a conscience in the current climate would be questioning as to being ethical given what we are facing hence my precious posts.

Woah! Can we all calm down a little here?

There are too many positions being put forward based on assumptions. It is perfectly fine for someone to say that they feel uneasy about buying a spanking new and expensive van when others are being made redundant. It doesn't really matter whether they are an employee or employer. Indeed, they could feel exactly the same way if it was a family member or neighbour who was losing their job.

We picked up our California in September. We were glad it was Candy White as it replaced our existing Candy White California and would be less noticeable to others that we had changed our van during these crazy/uncertain times!

I understand how the original poster feels but I don't know their situation so I won't lecture them on what they should do.

Regards,

JOG

BE Aware, some T6 Forum members who have changed to Private Plates have found that the Euro Emissions status of their vehicles have changed and whereas they were allowed free access to the London ULEZ zone before, on their original number plates, now they would be charged. So check carefully.

BE Aware, some T6 Forum members who have changed to Private Plates have found that the Euro Emissions status of their vehicles have changed and whereas they were allowed free access to the London ULEZ zone before, on their original number plates, now they would be charged. So check carefully.
It's a a bit confusing...........V5C form is "blank" on "Euro Status", but tfl webside says there is no charge. I'm concerned that it will change when I put on my "B16 JOG" plate.

Regards,

JOG

It's a a bit confusing...........V5C form is "blank" on "Euro Status", but tfl webside says there is no charge. I'm concerned that it will change when I put on my "B16 JOG" plate.

Regards,

JOG
At least if you do the reg change on line, they don't ask for you to send your old v5 in, so you'll be able to show what status your van was before the swap.

There are some fun plates still available on the DVLA site. They are still several hundred £ but don’t carry any premium over plainer plates. I got VW04 BED which sets the sort of tone and fun I wanted and won me a small reduction in insurance premium when added to my (at the time) 17 plate Ocean.
New '21 plates went on sale today at https://dvlaregistrations.dvla.gov.uk/
I bagged BB21LLY which might be a bit of fun when I take my 11 year old to pick up Billy Ocean in March.

Thats fun.
Might seem a strange question but what if you get your vehicle before March can you still put a 21 plate on?!
No! It cant be registered before 1 March with that plate. But the dealer doesn't expect it to be delivered until mid-feb, and I'll have waited since 8 October, and the weather, and term time...

Thats fun.
Might seem a strange question but what if you get your vehicle before March can you still put a 21 plate on?!
The rule is that the plate can’t make the car appear younger eg an 18 plate can’t go on a 2015 car

The rule is that the plate can’t make the car appear younger eg an 18 plate can’t go on a 2015 car
Thats good as I want mine to appear older! so am going for a 65 plate - only the Cali experts will realize its odd on a new version Cali but dont want to advertise a brand new vehicle.

Thats good as I want mine to appear older! so am going for a 65 plate - only the Cali experts will realize its odd on a new version Cali but dont want to advertise a brand new vehicle.
Understandable! My forum name is my reg! When we changed our Cali, we were glad that the new(er) one was also Candy White so not many would notice!

Understandable! My forum name is my reg! When we changed our Cali, we were glad that the new(er) one was also Candy White so not many would notice!
That was handy - Im trying to make it go under the radar somewhat - yet to chose a reg number as wanted to make certain I was getting it first but what with VWs announcement about price protection its a definite now - just dont want reg to stand out much though but be slightly personal so still deciding on that decision!!

That was handy - Im trying to make it go under the radar somewhat - yet to chose a reg number as wanted to make certain I was getting it first but what with VWs announcement about price protection its a definite now - just dont want reg to stand out much though but be slightly personal so still deciding on that decision!!
3 or 4 yr old bog standard number plate and a set of second hand
steel wheels and don't wash it. Sorted.

Although you might look back in a couple of years thinking - why did i worry.

I wouldn’t worry as most people haven’t a clue what a cali cost.
Plus so many people get cars (mercs etc) on some finance sort of deal
So it doesn’t mean you are minted having a new motor these days.

I wouldn’t worry as most people haven’t a clue what a cali cost.
Plus so many people get cars (mercs etc) on some finance sort of deal
So it doesn’t mean you are minted having a new motor these days.
Very true! Many believe they are as cheap as chips!

I had to laugh at the “Mercedes” comment! “Yeah, it only costs me £199 per month!” The mind boggles!

Very true! Many believe they are as cheap as chips!

I had to laugh at the “Mercedes” comment! “Yeah, it only costs me £199 per month!” The mind boggles!
Spoke to a good neighbour recently who’s into cars and has recently had a couple of kids... said to me he was shocked to find out that Cali’s are 60-70 grand when he looked a couple of months back. He said he thought they were about 25k!

• Haha
Reactions: Sad