Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Security

C

California T2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi all - any advise on essential security items?

thanks in advance

I looked at many options, including Ghost, tracker etc and decided on an old fashioned disklock. I don't keep the disklock key on the same bunch as the van key. So once set up, or van parked at home, if someone was to find/steal/mug me for the van key, they still wouldn't be able to take the van.
You have to manage two sets of keys, but all security is a compromise and this works for me.

Hi all - any advise on essential security items?

thanks in advance
None are essential, there are various options, it’s personal choice, our recommendation is the ‘Bear Lock’ its expensive but not compared to the cost of your van.

The advantages of most security devices are illusionary. How many thieves are discouraged about wheel boots, disk locks or gear stick locks? Who knows? There’s no data. The same is true for house CCTV. Unless an attempted theft is foiled and there’s evidence, who really knows? So it’s mostly down to perception of risk / perception of security. Covert devices and immobilisers are a bit different, as there is data, albeit not usually broken down enough to analyse individual models of cars/ vans. So whatever opinions are voiced, they’re by and large opinions as opposed to facts.