Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service book

E

El&Ed

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,
We bought our beach a year ago, it is an ex-demo 68 plate. I was just thinking about servicing, it has done circa 3000 miles. We bought it at 700 miles and they did a service before we took it home. Should my van have come with a service book or is it electronic now? I don’t have a service and maintenance book in my glove box, but have all the other booklets. My other question is when should I do a service? I looked at the code on my sticker in the van book and it says something about every 20,000 miles. But other codes say as early as 3,000.

Thanks
El

Hi,
We bought our beach a year ago, it is an ex-demo 68 plate. I was just thinking about servicing, it has done circa 3000 miles. We bought it at 700 miles and they did a service before we took it home. Should my van have come with a service book or is it electronic now? I don’t have a service and maintenance book in my glove box, but have all the other booklets. My other question is when should I do a service? I looked at the code on my sticker in the van book and it says something about every 20,000 miles. But other codes say as early as 3,000.

Thanks
El
No Service Book.

Check the Dashboard Multifunction Display. Scroll through to Info and then Service.
It will tell you how many miles to Oil Change and how many Days to Inspection.

You will get a Dashboard Warning prior to the Oil Change milage getting to 0 miles and/or Inspection getting to 0 Days.

All in the Handbook.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Thanks
El
The last time I went for a service, I was told that VW recommend that a service is completed every 18months....irrespective of what the service indicator says.

The last time I went for a service, I was told that VW recommend that a service is completed every 18months....irrespective of what the service indicator says.
That would be 6months early if you haven’t hit the mileage.

Yes I replied that I thought the variable long life service was 24 months.

I was told that that is a maximum, but 18 months is recommended and certainly no more than 24 months.

“ If you haven’t hit the milage “.?????

The number of California owners that get anywhere near the “ milage “ within the time limit are definitely in the minority.

Back