Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Service

So JCT stuck to their £330 with the cost being down to £16 a litre +vat for oil and with there being 7.5 litres of the stuff it’s bangs the price up. Plus the 1.5hrs labour, ohh and £5 for a litre of screen wash.
So booked it in with the local VW van centre and paid £200, same service with pollen filter-

So JCT stuck to their £330 with the cost being down to £16 a litre +vat for oil and with there being 7.5 litres of the stuff it’s bangs the price up. Plus the 1.5hrs labour, ohh and £5 for a litre of screen wash.
So booked it in with the local VW van centre and paid £200, same service with pollen filter-

They obviously never agreed to the national service pricing. Also an interim service book time is 0.9 of a hour and a pollen is 0.1

Just found this thread in my search for info re 1st service. 2years old, only done 4K (partly due to Covid). Been told by my main dealership in Glasgow that it will be £180 and that only covers Oil and filter change. Van was bought from Swansway Liverpool but obviously too far for a service.
Should they be doing anything else ?

Just found this thread in my search for info re 1st service. 2years old, only done 4K (partly due to Covid). Been told by my main dealership in Glasgow that it will be £180 and that only covers Oil and filter change. Van was bought from Swansway Liverpool but obviously too far for a service.
Should they be doing anything else ?
Not really, some dealerships say the pollen filter should be done, others say not. I recently asked 2 different dealers and got 2 different answers.

Not really, some dealerships say the pollen filter should be done, others say not. I recently asked 2 different dealers and got 2 different answers.
Yes and there also seems to be marked ‘pricing’ variation. I checked with Edinburgh dealer ( still within possible travel range) and they quoted £249, again just Oil and filter change !

Yes and there also seems to be marked ‘pricing’ variation. I checked with Edinburgh dealer ( still within possible travel range) and they quoted £249, again just Oil and filter change !
Getting my Zafira "MOT" tested with an interim service at ATS for £95 all in on Friday. Presumably they forget to pay their mechanics or hope to find endless ways to upsell, very interesting.

Had oil and filter changed last month at main dealer, cost less than £60
wow. makes me wonder what oil they used. 2 tins of 5w30 castrol edge would set you back at least 50 sheets. then with a decent filter i'd say they did that oil change for free.

wow. makes me wonder what oil they used. 2 tins of 5w30 castrol edge would set you back at least 50 sheets. then with a decent filter i'd say they did that oil change for free.

Back