Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Service

Calincolnshire

Calincolnshire

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All
Just about to book the Cali in for its first service as it is coming up to its 2 year birthday and 7k miles, also the service indicator is telling us to its due as well.
My local VW van centre has quoted around the £220 mark including pollen filter, but the supplying dealer has just quoted £330. It surely is only an oil and filter change so £300 is nuts.

The question I have is what have people paid for this.?

John

Hi All
Just about to book the Cali in for its first service as it is coming up to its 2 year birthday and 7k miles, also the service indicator is telling us to its due as well.
My local VW van centre has quoted around the £220 mark including pollen filter, but the supplying dealer has just quoted £330. It surely is only an oil and filter change so £300 is nuts.

The question I have is what have people paid for this.?

John
Hope that includes Gearbox oil change, normally 40,000 miles or 2 Years. Also AirCon recharge to replace the lubricant also time related. Brake/Clutch fluid is also on Milage/Time schedule but not sure if it is 40,000/2years.

If in two years time a amount of 300£ is to much for a maintenance ....?
That is if the Cali is propperly checked and serviced , including habitation part.

Just read the email I got from the dealer and it was just engine oil and filter plus the pollen filter.

Same situation as you last week. Was quoted £374 for oil & pollen filter, or £178 for oil change. Absurd cost in both cases but service packages not available over here.... :(

Went for the oil change, will go the whole hog next time.

2nd Year Service £760 inc vat.
AirCon £80, Haldex Oil Change £100, DSG gearbox £180, Fuel Filter £65, Pollen Filter £ 24, Oil Change and filter £154 plus Full Check greasing etc. Air Filter.

All these items were Time Scheduled, but unlike many I got my monies worth as I had also done 40,000 miles.

Had oil and filter changed last month at main dealer, cost less than £60

Full intermediate service £220.00 inc vat and front wipers main dealer .

Had oil and filter changed last month at main dealer, cost less than £60
Tell us where. I’ll schedule a holiday to Norfolk!

My supplying dealer JCT runs a central service booking system, so you ring goodness knows where and speak to effectively a telesales person. So I’m going to visit the dealer instead and hopefully get an idea of what really needs doing and for how much , but £220 sounds ok.

Genuinely surprised so many are paying for first services, I thought service plans were part of the deal when buying a new Cali?

First service at 16,500 miles, 8 months, 191 Euros.
IMG_0349.JPG

Second service at 33,000 miles, 16 months, now due.

Last edited:
You didn´t do 40k without an oil change did you ?
Don’t be silly. 1st Service was at 1 year and 20,000 miles. Basically Engine oil and filter, air filter etc. But at 2 years, never mind the milage there are other “Timed” service items.
Just illustrating to the OP that there should be other Service items at 2 years, even if it is the 1st Service for his vehicle.

One of the reasons I am very wary of Low Milage Vehicles as often these “Timed” Service items are skipped and are done only on the milage basis.

Your bill will be a little higher unless you don’t do the 2yr/40,000 mile Service items.
I prepaid for the first four services.

My dealer has accepted that I was misled, as he believed the services were valid throughout Europe, and has agreed to pay for services 2, 3, 4 and 5. Now I need to extract this agreement in writing from the dealer.

I will check tomorrow at work vw have national service pricing that most dealers have signed up to so should all charge the same. The Cali like most other vwcv models will be due an interim service+a pollen filter at that age the brake fluid is due after the first 3 years then every two years there after, air con is due every 2 years and dsg oil change every 40k, 4 motion/gelded has now changed to every 3 years irrespective of mileage.

Just paid £175 for an additional intermediate service at year 3 as i wanted an additional oil and filter change between services. Add first MOT, fluid change and rear pads the cost was £442. Thought the cost for the rear pads was a little pricy.

I will check tomorrow at work vw have national service pricing that most dealers have signed up to so should all charge the same. The Cali like most other vwcv models will be due an interim service+a pollen filter at that age the brake fluid is due after the first 3 years then every two years there after, air con is due every 2 years and dsg oil change every 40k, 4 motion/gelded has now changed to every 3 years irrespective of mileage.
Thank you, just saved me a little on my next service as I have to add in Water pump and Cambelt and maybe Brake Pads. Busy year next year as we have lots of plans.

So interim service on the national service price it’s £145+vat and a pollen filter is normally priced at £30+

How do the Dealers do a brake fluid change? I was told by someone they just empty the reservoir - which isn' how it should be done - rather than pump it through the lines and bleed at the calipers to make sure all the old fluid is removed.

How do the Dealers do a brake fluid change? I was told by someone they just empty the reservoir - which isn' how it should be done - rather than pump it through the lines and bleed at the calipers to make sure all the old fluid is removed.

The reservoir should be evacuated then the pressure bleading equipment attached and the system bleed at each individual caliper 300ml each rear caliper 200ml each front caliper, the clutch should also be bleed if manual. These are the rules set by vw and should be followed by each service centre

Back