Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shelving the wardrobe.

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I'm looking to shelve the wardrobe, has anyone done this to "factory" spec, i.e. with the OE clips available from the forum shop and aluminium shelves?

Hi Pete,

Here's my solution from some years ago. With original VW clips (those are really not stable, but the construction holds for some years now).
I bought the aluminium from a local advertising agency, they use it for billboards.

You have to drill in the walls very carefully.

Do not use a level for horizontal positioning of the shelves, as the Cali itself never stands level. Just measure the hight for the wholes from the bottom of the wardrobe with a rule. Shelves_wardrobe_1_Marchugo.jpg Shelves_wardrobe_2_Marchugo.jpg

Cleared regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Hi Pete,

Here's my solution from some years ago. With original VW clips (those are really not stable, but the construction holds for some years now).
I bought the aluminium from a local advertising agency, they use it for billboards.

You have to drill in the walls very carefully.

Do not use a level for horizontal positioning of the shelves, as the Cali itself never stands level. Just measure the hight for the holes from the bottom of the wardrobe with a rule. View attachment 10501 View attachment 10503

Cleared regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

+1 for the neatfreak,

3 skirts, two pairs of crops, and half a dozen tops and still loads of space left over, shoes in the bottom, can be easily lifted in and out.

No drilling - whic,h in my case means I can use the van for another year :oops:

Cheers folks,
We've been using a similar set up from Ikea, cut the bottom two segments off as it was too long so now has 4. The problem is it's rather small so swings around and we have toiletry bags in there and they fall out!
Is the Neatfreak a snug fit?

We've had a similar experience as Pete with the ikea version - it doesn't really make best use of the available space as it's a bit too small. I think it's bound for oxfam.