Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Should I have 1 or 2 heaters?

I was looking in the wrong place I think. Just noticed this on the door (I was looking on the pillar).
5b33b9331aa0d77f3963631472f942aa.jpg

So if my vagcom is saying aux heater no flame I probably need to go see my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking in the wrong place I think. Just noticed this on the door (I was looking on the pillar).
5b33b9331aa0d77f3963631472f942aa.jpg

So if my vagcom is saying aux heater no flame I probably need to go see my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Engine coolant heater - auto on when cold to raise engine temp quicker

There need to be second sticker referring to a Eberspacher heater witch is the interieur heater .

The coolant heater is the auxiliary in the manual, I know I don't have the parking heater ;-)

I've been having random problems getting the engine warm when cold yet other times it heats up in ten mins. Wondering if it's not always working below 5c now at least I know it's there. ;)

Last edited:
Yes I do have an air heater but it was retrofitted. In my case a Webasto Airtop 2000. Because of the retrofit I know exactly where the coolant heater is. The company that fitted the air heater routed its fuel line over the coolant heater exhaust. Result that the fuel line melted the first time the temp dropped below 4. Sorted out now but won't be going back to that company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May I ask which Air Heater you fitted, by whom and how much please as you are reasonably local to me?

May I ask which Air Heater you fitted, by whom and how much please as you are reasonably local to me?
Hi Gazellio
The air heater is a Webasto Airtop 2000 with the standard rotary controller. Fitted (badly) by Nomad in Horsham. Cost (3 years ago) was £1100. Then spent some more (time & money) getting the fuel issue sorted and redoing the outlet myself to a more OEM look and fixing the damage done to other bits of trim.
Sorted in the end and heater has been a very worthwhile addition.

2016 beach. I have both heaters and both stickers.the webasto auxiliary engine coolant heater to be honest you can probably live without . in Finland it might matter but not here.though it does boost the engine temperature alot quicker. if you have the eberspacher parking air heater that's the one everyone wants when it comes to resale and comfort when yer camping. I'll try take some pics tomorrow for you as to what to look for. later beach dude