Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Should I have 1 or 2 heaters?

That's weird. Mine is Spanish spec and you always get the Webasto coolant heater. The Eberspatcher is optional.

Probably UK specs are differens, for example, in Spain I had no option of remote control.

Mine was registered in Apr 2015 but built in June 2014

That was the period, at the beginning of the MY 2015 production that things went wrong, with various systems/accessories missing e.g.: Air Con
Was yours a Specced order or Ex-Demo?

If a specced order you would have a case against VW, but if a Demo then a bit more involved as the Dealership could be culpable.

So were you informed, or was the vehicle price reduced to reflect the absence?

I was informed it was demo it has 300 miles on it. It had quite a few extras including aircon but I wasn't aware of the aux heater and that one should be there, there is no sticker.

Mine is a ex demo also (never use citygate Colindale but that's another story). It had 22 miles on it when collected. It has a parking heater as was on my must have list but trying to understand the coolant heater fitment is a bit of minefield.

Not sure I will need to check, will that be on my log book? It was registered earlier this year, in May I believe.
You may have to ask VW

Just been reading the brochures I was given at the time and it does say Auxillary heater is standard on the beach.

I have also noticed that when I plug in my VAGCOM device i get one error which is Auxillary Heater No Flame.

Waiting for a call back from my dealer on if it's missing or faulty. As there is no sticker probably not installed.

Last edited:
Matt,

The auxiliary heater is on the left side whilst the parking heater id on the right side. If you can see under the vehicle you should see the relevant exhaust pipes sticking out of the aluminium heat shields towards the centre of the chassis area somewhere level (fore & aft) of the front seat bases.

On the other hand you could decode the vehicle specification from the large sticker in the front of the service booklet (or on the right front seat base) on the following website http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx That should give you a complete specification of your vehicle although I have found odd errors in the past.
Your dealer should also be able to provide a printout giving the same information.

Rod

According to the VIN, it's a 2015 model, not sure if that means it was manufactured in 2015 but the 2015 brochure states the auxiliary is standard on the beach. My dealer haven't returned my calls (not unusual sadly).

I'm wondering if it was possible to remove an option even if standard? Could they have had it built without it? Do I have some recourse if its missing?

That website is great, Ill grab the service book and check that out. Will also check the left side as advised, really useful thankyou!

Interesting site, thanks:
X13 = National sales program Europe (RHD)
B0N = Component parts set, complying with vehicle type for Great Britain, various parts
CD2 = Alloy wheels 7J x 17
G0C = 5-speed manual transmission
H3G = All-weather tires 235/55 R17 103H xl
J2D = Battery 380 A (68 Ah)
DK3 = 4-cyl. turbo dies. eng. 2.0 l/84 kW (4V)TDI common rail base engine is TW3
1AK = Electronic stabilization program (ESP) with brake assistant
1G2 = Steel spare wheel with original equipment tires
2PW = Leather steering wheel
1NL = Covers for alloy wheels
5RV = Right exterior mirror: aspherical
5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
TW3 = 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l Unit 03L.K
3S4 = Preparation for roof load rack
3U5 = Multiflex board
QI8 = Service indicator 40,000 km or 2 year ( variable )
8AY = Radio/navigation system
8GV = Alternator 180 A
2S3 = Pop-up roof
1BA = Standard suspension/shock absorption
7MJ = Emission standard EU5 plus
0E1 = Short wheelbase
4UF = Drivers and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation
4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
4R1 = Power windows
4K3 = Radio remote controlled central locking operated from inside and safe securing
N0E = Woven fabric seat covering
5TC = Without decorative inserts
8RM = 8 speakers (passive)
2UG = Sports version 2
E0A = No special edition
2V5 = Fresh air intake system with activated charcoal canister
0JC = Weight category front axle weight range 3
0YB = Weight range 2 installation control only, no requirement forecast
1D0 = Without trailer hitch
A9A = California "Beach"
8BF = Halogen headlight for driving on the left
U5B = Instrument insert, mph speedometer Great Britain
1N1 = Power steering
3L0 = Without special seat adjustment
4A0 = Without seat heater
8N1 = Windshield wiper intermittent control

No mention of auxiliary heater in there with or without, couldn't see anything underneath but I didnt have much space in the carpark. Will check later more carefully.

Last edited:
No mention of auxiliary heater in there with or without, couldn't see anything underneath but I didnt have much space in the carpark. Will check later more carefully.

Matt , look here
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/cali-technical-tips-tricks.9457/
To see what you should see if there's a aux. heater and pre-heater
With the underbody on you only spot the exhaust pipe(s)
You also wouls see some function on your display ....

And as said there need to bee two stickers visible in the (open)door , on my LHD in my drivers door - left . But do not know on RHD!

Definitely no stickers I can see so looks like there isn't one. However the brochure says its standard on a 2015 beach which makes me think it should be there.

I'll get it on a ramp and have a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely no stickers I can see so looks like there isn't one. However the brochure says its standard on a 2015 beach which makes me think it should be there.

I'll get it on a ramp and have a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Matt,

The coolant heater only became standard week 44 of 2014. My beach also does not have one and is a 2015 model year van and when I chased VW that was the responce I got. My van was build week 24 2014 and is an early 2015 model year. It confused me looking at the 2015 options list too - you need to look at the older (Jan 2014) options list.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ian

Last edited:
Are you sure I was led to believe it has been standard for some time.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Are you sure I was led to believe it has been standard for some time.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
That what VWCS said - in the 2014 brochure it's not listed as standard equipment.

Hi Matt,

The coolant heater only became standard week 44 of 2014. My beach also does not have one and is a 2015 model year van and when I chased VW that was the responce I got. My van was build week 24 2014 and is an early 2015 model year. It confused me looking at the 2015 options list too - you need to look at the older (Jan 2014) options list.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ian
P.s VW model years run from week 22 each year apparently. In 2014 the 2015 MY started week starting 26th May.

Mine was registered April and first inspected 19th May it seems. I can't find any reference to its build date on the van or in the book so likely then that its simply built without one.

Mine was registered April and first inspected 19th May it seems. I can't find any reference to its build date on the van or in the book so likely then that its simply built without one.
Mine was registered in March 2015 - built 11th June 2014 so it was sat around somewhere for a while!

The dealer can give you the build date by looking on their system.