Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shower plumbing question - contamination of main tank?

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Thinking of going for the shower option but was wondering how this was plumbed into the tank, specifically would water "fester" in the pipework for the shower and flow back into the main freshwater tank. (intending to use the water tank for drinking).

On the sink tap the water also can run back in the tank imo.
One don't usually drink from the watertank in the Cali , most use it to boil for coffee , thee and coocking . Washing up and doing dishes ....

On the sink tap the water also can run back in the tank imo.
One don't usually drink from the watertank in the Cali , most use it to boil for coffee , thee and coocking . Washing up and doing dishes ....

True, but I guess the sink tap is generally in daily use, so the water will be getting flushed through. Just thinking with the shower if it doesn't get used for weeks or months would things start growing in the pipes? On the Cali we hired we were drinking the water.

The shower head/hose itself needs to be packed away afther use
Did you see one IRL ?

True, but I guess the sink tap is generally in daily use, so the water will be getting flushed through. Just thinking with the shower if it doesn't get used for weeks or months would things start growing in the pipes? On the Cali we hired we were drinking the water.
It's possible. I think it really depends how you clean the system and whether you use a water purification system.
I do, so I would be quit happy that the shower pipe work, if I had a shower, would not cause any problems. Also we a quit happy to drink the water from the tank and do, as we did from the Rollalong water containers we used when we had our Caravan.

This is what I use and have done so for some years. NO detectable chlorine taste if you follow the instructions.

https://www.katadyn.com/downloads/katadyn/factsheets/micropur/factsheet_micropur-forte-mf-1t_en.pdf

Back