Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side Panels for Awning

Topcatbuggy said:
Hubby got his own way & i have to admit it, he was right to insist we made our own panels so thank you everyone for the tips. We bought the material from ebay & the bunge cord & eyelets from Go Outdoors. The cost for 2 panels in total was under£40. We've only made one so far but are delighted with our handywork. I want to put a photo on but for some reason dont seem to be able to choose from 'my gallery' on my ipad........does anyone know what i'm doing wrong? :oops:

Hi, I'm not sure why it's not uploading so I will describe what I do on iPad 3, start to finish and hope it helps. I don't know how else to resize so use this method.
I view the photo then select the paper sheet with arrow icon in the bottom left hand corner then choose 'mail'. I set it up to email it to myself and touch the 'image... ' wording in the address area which then allows you to choose small, med or large file. I use medium and that seems to upload ok. Once I receive the email I save the picture.
At the bottom of the thread I choose 'upload' and browse my files to find the picture I want to upload then choose 'add file'. This can then be previewed or submitted.

I look forward to seeing your photo as I'm keen to do something similar.

Hi looby, thanks for your advice. I can get so far.......to the bit that says upload image but then it tells me that 'this app does not have access, go to privacy settings to allow'. I then go to what I think is the correct place to do this & still am unable to upload :headbang nightmare. Maybe I need to start a new thread!

Thanks Kev, will do. How can I get around this problem though as I would love to be able to upload my photos generally?

I'm not to sure its a long time since I used an iPad most people use photo bucket.
You could try dropbox or Google drive to see if the iPad will allow you to upload from there :thumb

That sounds great, looking forward to seeing them. Having seen home made cushions, seat covers, porta potti disguises, roof toppers etc, but then struggle to find them later in threads, maybe starting an 'I made this for my Cali . . .' thread would be a good idea as a central place to look for inspiration? It wouldn't need to be limited to just those who can sew. I saw a wonderful innovation for an 'office chair' a while back.
I made my own. Heavy duty zip to go over the awning bars and elastic to peg it down at the base. Works brilliantly. If I were to do it again I would use lighter weigh material.