Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Simple rear Speaker upgrade

@Moggie Moo , now that you have the speakers open, are you able to peel back the tape where the two cables join and tell me how they are joined and the cable colours please? There seem to be 2 cables each that go out from the speakers, but beyond that, it seems to be only 3 cables (tried to feel it through the cable wrapping outside the box. Trying to determine which cable to tap into if I am planning to attach an external Bluetooth amp to the cable for input from my phone when the vehicle is at a camp site.

I have cut off the OEM speaker wires and plugs. They look like 3 wires but are in fact two just wound together with the cloth tape for strength. Mine are blue/Brown and brown is the +VE. I have saved the cables so i will unravel the tape to see how they are spliced together. I think they just split then the crossover is on the original tweeters.

so had a look at the original speaker wires. there are two leads from the loom. brown/white +VE and blue/white-VE. they go into the woofer connector pins and then the tweeter wires connect from the plug to the tweeter. It looks like they are spliced together but they are not (which is good...) so if you fit components then this is fine, just connect into the crossover and wire up each component separately from there. see pics below.

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

The woofer connector its the one without the horrid grey stuff on it! This plug is also larger than the tweeter one.... Straightforward job!

The woofer connector its the one without the horrid grey stuff on it! This plug is also larger than the tweeter one.... Straightforward job!
sooo.., how did this project go ? Was the sound improvement significant? Im gathering research as to how best to upgrade the audio in my MY23 Ocean (the std setup to my ears is terribly underwhelming). Currently chasing DSP system or not and ALL speakers or just fronts...

Thanks!

sooo.., how did this project go ? Was the sound improvement significant? Im gathering research as to how best to upgrade the audio in my MY23 Ocean (the std setup to my ears is terribly underwhelming). Currently chasing DSP system or not and ALL speakers or just fronts...

Thanks!

Speak to Jason at Absolut5!

Thanks!
It’s not awful, but could be so much better.
Shame there isn’t a thread with a How To and which speakers to purchase.
I’m sure I’ve read you cannot plug an Amplifier into the head unit output, then run all speakers & sub.
From the Amp.
Would be nice for a plug and play system.

Back