Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Single bed option would be nice? What do you think?

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I enjoy looking at other interior layouts and thought this Reimo VW Caddy conversion warranted a discussion. It seems a much better design than VW's short-lived Official Caddy camper.

I'm not arguing it's a Cali replacement, just a good design for those with different requirements (which would include me some of the time!).

I like the way when it's just a single camper downstairs, the layout keeps all the units available.

caddybed.JPG

Looks ingenious. The smaller the space the cleverer the designer needs to be.

Might be a problem with luggage if two people came along.

I don't think it would have the cult status of the T5 campers and depreciation would probably be greater though.

Looks good but we find we need a t5... And it's just me and the dug!We sleep downstairs with no bed option upstairs so gain a shelf at the back for overnight storage. Perfect for kettle, mug and clothes!

I would fall off that bed. I can only sleep in a large single or double, or queen size which I have at home.

The nice thing about the Cali sleeping downstairs is the wedged in feeling.

I even fell out of a hospital bed once sending one of those beeping monitor things crashing to the floor, pulling a catheter bag off the bed and ripping a drip cannula out of my hand. Not a wine bottle in sight.

I'm not sure I would fit. At 1.93cm and a 48in chest

^ I'm not sure 2 x 48in chest will work on the Cali 'double' downstairs!

Nope downstairs belongs to the dogs.

I enjoy looking at other interior layouts and thought this Reimo VW Caddy conversion warranted a discussion. It seems a much better design than VW's short-lived Official Caddy camper.

I'm not arguing it's a Cali replacement, just a good design for those with different requirements (which would include me some of the time!).

I like the way when it's just a single camper downstairs, the layout keeps all the units available.

View attachment 9307
Peter. We never sleep downstairs so that the kitchen et al is always available.
Upstairs is also far more comfortable.
Not that our Cali has stairs but you know what I mean.
I bet there would be a length issue in the single bed for the likes of you.
Have Fun. Bob

View attachment 9307

I wish the back of my Caddy looked like that !!!!!

Back