Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Single trip Euro breakdown- recommendations?

B

benico

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi. We use autoaide breakdown - very good and very cheap - only issues is it doesn’t include European cover. Not a massive issue as we only need it once a year. Any suggestions for someone to go with for a single trip cover?

Hi. We use autoaide breakdown - very good and very cheap - only issues is it doesn’t include European cover. Not a massive issue as we only need it once a year. Any suggestions for someone to go with for a single trip cover?
Can be quite expensive so usually get annual cover rather than a couple of weeks. We’ve used Green Flag and AA.

VW Assistance has full euro cover and available on vehicles up to 10years old. £155 for 2 years cover.

As @sbmcd mentioned Safeguard has unlimited trips as standard cover.

I've ended up with double cover as the extended warranty that I took out (not VW) also gives full European cover plus I get any repairs required paid for. no need to reclaim later or have the Cali brought back to UK.

we opened a joint Nationwide flexplus current account - £13 / month but UK and European breakdown for all vehicles you own plus travel insurance and phone insurance included for both of us in that fee.

I am the type of person that tries never to claim on insurance, but it seemed a great deal and the reviews are generally very positive. Can't fault it myself but not claimed :)

VW Assistance has full euro cover and available on vehicles up to 10years old. £155 for 2 years cover.
Not sure you can Just join With a 7 yr old van. Might be wrong but I couldn’t. It’s got be a continuous cover.

I'm the same, got AutoAid for the UK just need 2 weeks Spain cover - AA want over £100!!

Not sure you can Just join With a 7 yr old van. Might be wrong but I couldn’t. It’s got be a continuous cover.
I have spoken with VW Assist and continual membership is not a requirement. If, for example you purchase a 7 year old van you can get a VW Assist policy for £155 or £145 direct debit for 2 years european cover. :thumb

we opened a joint Nationwide flexplus current account - £13 / month but UK and European breakdown for all vehicles you own plus travel insurance and phone insurance included for both of us in that fee.

I am the type of person that tries never to claim on insurance, but it seemed a great deal and the reviews are generally very positive. Can't fault it myself but not claimed :)
When I looked into that they had discontinued it unless full account opened with minimum pay in every month. Limited cover also provided.
Might have changed again.

I have spoken with VW Assist and continual membership is not a requirement. If, for example you purchase a 7 year old van you can get a VW Assist policy for £155 or £145 direct debit for 2 years european cover. :thumb
Blast. I will contact them again. Thanks.

Thanks all - for info I ended up going with QDOS in the end - 12 days for £30ish.

Thanks all - for info I ended up going with QDOS in the end - 12 days for £30ish.

Never heard of them but they are reasonable - have you used them before was only £39.99 for my trip which is decent...

I haven’t used them before. They seem to cover all the key things I was looking for. others in this price bracket didn’t which is why I went with them rather than cheaper ones with either bad reviews or less cover.

They look good to me but I guess the real test is what they do when you do breakdown!

p.s If you do go with them and things go wrong - don’t blame me!

Back