Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

sleeping mat

T

Tink

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Having collected my T6 Ocean I am wondering about the 'Lower bed with sleeping mat' listed as standard in the Beach and Ocean. Are they referring to the mat above the rear storage area which is not nearly big enough or am I missing something? This is the only mat I can see.

I think the small cusion is standard , the bigger that folds open over the flattend bechseat is an option. Or can be bought aftherwarts .

I think the small cusion is standard , the bigger that folds open over the flattend bechseat is an option. Or can be bought aftherwarts .
Thanks - Don't know why they list a 'sleeping mat' as standard equipment. The mysteries of VW!

Hotel California is correct. The 'standard' mat just fits over the parcel shelf to bring it up to the same height as the seat cushions. The optional comfort mattress has two thin cushions which go over the seat cushions and a thicker one to bring the height up over the parcel shelf. It is all connected together and folds into 3.

I just went for the standard because we will rarely use the lower bed and the VW comfort mattress takes up a lot of space.

If you decide that you want a mattress topper for the lower bed there are various after market ones available that are much cheaper than the VW option.

Last edited:
Having collected my T6 Ocean I am wondering about the 'Lower bed with sleeping mat' listed as standard in the Beach and Ocean. Are they referring to the mat above the rear storage area which is not nearly big enough or am I missing something? This is the only mat I can see.
The "Sleeping Mat " is the Foam Mat that sits on top of the rear Multiflex Shelf which with the Seat folded flat makes the full length bed.
You can buy a full length Sleeping mattress if you want a softer bed, or VW make the Comfort Mattress which combines the Sleeping Mat plus a full foam sleeping mattress.

The "Sleeping Mat " is the Foam Mat that sits on top of the rear Multiflex Shelf which with the Seat folded flat makes the full length bed.
You can buy a full length Sleeping mattress if you want a softer bed, or VW make the Comfort Mattress which combines the Sleeping Mat plus a full foam sleeping mattress.
Thanks for the replies. I'll be using the downstairs bed only being the sole occupier. I'll try various options (sleeping bag etc.) and see which works for comfort. Nice of VW to charge you extra for a comfortable night's sleep.

Thanks for the replies. I'll be using the downstairs bed only being the sole occupier. I'll try various options (sleeping bag etc.) and see which works for comfort. Nice of VW to charge you extra for a comfortable night's sleep.
Even when I'm on my own I sleep upstairs. It's a more comfortable bed in the T5 Cali, and you get to leave the living area all set up for the morning.

Upstairs as well. Plus its nicely ventilated in the T5.

Even when I'm on my own I sleep upstairs. It's a more comfortable bed in the T5 Cali, and you get to leave the living area all set up for the morning.
If you like a firm bed then the basic is fine, and that's what VW provide. :thumb

My T6 came with the comfort mattress option. It is very comfortable.

My T6 came with the comfort mattress option. It is very comfortable.
Got a Sleep-N-Go mattress from Costco. Folds In 3 in carry case. Should do the job (I hope)

We got duvalays, seem great so far. Went for packs with winter and summer duvets.

Back