Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sleeping up top.

Hello Alan

Do you know what the limit is of padding?Just ordered an extra of 2cm padding,so in total 6cm.
You think that that's a go or no go?
thx. for your reaction.
Yes, I'd like to know that too.
Mrs Pixcels has just gone and bought a self inflating mattress that deflates to almost nothing - that may just do the trick for some added luxury.

Hello Alan

Do you know what the limit is of padding?Just ordered an extra of 2cm padding,so in total 6cm.
You think that that's a go or no go?
thx. for your reaction.
Hopefully you'll get a reply from someone who's done it and can give a definitive answer, but meanwhile I would be wary about trying. Having once slightly bent my roof by mistakenly leaving a little bedding up there I think that 2cm might be too much. There's very little spare room. We put our curtains up on the mattress and leave a mattress protector and fitted sheet in place, but that's as much as I'd risk.

Hopefully you'll get a reply from someone who's done it and can give a definitive answer, but meanwhile I would be wary about trying. Having once slightly bent my roof by mistakenly leaving a little bedding up there I think that 2cm might be too much. There's very little spare room. We put our curtains up on the mattress and leave a mattress protector and fitted sheet in place, but that's as much as I'd risk.
There are other threads were this has been discussed but can’t remember what the recommendations were.

Yes, I'd like to know that too.
Mrs Pixcels has just gone and bought a self inflating mattress that deflates to almost nothing - that may just do the trick for some added luxury.

Don’t exceed the thickness of the original VW mattress (When you close the roof). The roof is very fragile & easy to crease.