Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding aluminium roof panel

S

Sam pawley

Vehicle
Just browsing
Seems the sliding roof panel is jammed and won't open so can't get into roof space

Do you mean the plastic roof blind

That's the one Calikev means.

Have you caught some material in the runner?

Mike

If you definitely cannot get it to slide open, can be a bit difficult initially to slide, all I can think of is to try to open the roof very very carefully only about 1"/ 2cms and try again to open.
Air goes in and out through hatch so with that blocked the greatest of care would be needed.
Other than that hopefully someone with more experience can help you out.

I'm presuming roof is still down.

Mike

Yes it is have had roof up but sliding hatch is still jammed now have roof back down

Then it's not the roof material trapped. Someone with more links than I will hopefully have a parts layout of the hatch which may give some clues. Other than that it's the dealer if under warranty or your going to need to get a bit forceful with it as a last resort.

Mike

I'll go and have a look at mine a sec.

Mike

Sorry not much help looking. Hopefully someone will have some suggestions.

Mike

Not that I can see no
Open roof, a bit at a time until at least a foot open. The sliding hatch cannot open because something is jamming it from moving backwards, such as the upstairs mattress, or something under the mattress, or if you have a SE the bendy light.
Once the roof is open about a foot or more, try pushing the roof bed up a bit. This may remove the obstruction and allow the hatch to slide back.

It is useful when asking for help to let us know which vehicle. According to your information you are " Just Browsing ".

Back