Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door not sliding

Wendy

Wendy

Vehicle
T5 HighTop
Hi all.,we are having a problem with the sliding door on our Cali. It won’t work off the key remote thingy.is this a fuse problem do you know? And if so could you tell me where the fuse would be? . I am having to really push the door to open and close it.we had a problem a couple of years ago then the wiring had snapped( which we got fixed ) this doesn’t seem to be the same problem . Any advice would be gratefully welcomed.

Hi Wendy, some suggestions working in the basis that you have an electric side door....

Is the car unlocked (my door button in the centre of the key fob only works when I have first unlocked the car).

I would then try the outside sliding door handle manually to see if the electric function then takes over.

If yes, then it seems that your key fob may not be working.

If no, has someone pressed the button on the dashboard to turn off the electric door? Try giving the dashboard button with the picture of the sliding door with “off” a press for about 2 seconds and then try opening the door again.

Hope this helps....

Hi Wendy, some suggestions working in the basis that you have an electric side door....

Is the car unlocked (my door button in the centre of the key fob only works when I have first unlocked the car).

I would then try the outside sliding door handle manually to see if the electric function then takes over.

If yes, then it seems that your key fob may not be working.

If no, has someone pressed the button on the dashboard to turn off the electric door? Try giving the dashboard button with the picture of the sliding door with “off” a press for about 2 seconds and then try opening the door again.

Hope this helps....
Thank you so much for swift reply. It was as you said the switch on the dashboard We now both feel like Homer Simpson :)) totally silly for not realising that was all it was.Cali owners club to the rescue again,Thank you again

Glad it was straightforward - many “hidden surprise and delight features” to discover with the Cali - I’m still finding new ones after 6 months....

Glad it was straightforward - many “hidden surprise and delight features” to discover with the Cali - I’m still finding new ones after 6 months....
We totally forgot about the switch on the dash, I must have knocked it while cleaning.My husband was just about to try to locate a fuse for it thank you SailSki

Thanks a bunch @SailSki.
My Cali has been standing on the drive since I acquired it and recently the electric side door stopped working.
A forum search turned up this thread and the answer.
Now, I wonder who could have pressed the dash board button?...

Hi @Vagophile - glad to be of help :) I have had so many pointers in the right direction from the forum on different points it is good to give some back

Back