sliding window service

jqp

jqp

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
My van is currently in Breeze Portsmouth for its annual service. They have just phoned to offer an additional service option - clean the sliding windows! Service manager could not say what this entails, but it does cost £104 a side. I declined, but wonder if anyone knows what this is about?

Some Service Manager if he can't actually explain what needs doing!!??
And f he doesn't know, how can he expect the people he manages to know what they are doing....

I certainly wouldn't be paying £208 for something that neither a (suppposed) professional nor I knew what was being done.

I’m looking at this in many ways. Depending upon their hourly rate that’s 3-4 hours work, on side windows?? But, at least you got the option to have them looked at, which is more than some other dealers offer

My van is currently in Breeze Portsmouth for its annual service. They have just phoned to offer an additional service option - clean the sliding windows! Service manager could not say what this entails, but it does cost £104 a side. I declined, but wonder if anyone knows what this is about?
If you have a search on here for “leaking side windows”, you should be able to figure out what they are likely to be doing. I’d guess they will clean and lubricate the seals and flush the drains (4 per window). This might help

£104 sounds steep!

Actually, at today's typical rates it's probably less than 2 hours. According to the paperwork it is cleaning the runners. Still pricy! OTOH if it involved clearing the drains ...

Do it yourself. Hot soapy water on seals and where the seal makes contact with glass. Wait for it to dry. Buy gummi pflege for putting on seals which is also great for other seals especially pop top.