Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So so sorry..... another mattress thread......

Mine is a 3 seater. Just noticed the seats are slightly higher and it wouldn't be flat without a stepped matress
The 3 seater comfort mattress is contoured on the underside but I don't know whether it is thicker on the back section, hopefully a 3 seater owner will be along shortly to confirm...

The 3 seat Beach VW comfort mattress isn't very comfortable. We use a topper as well and it means we have a boot full of bedding
I'd look at maybe the vanessa mattress or something else

The 3 seat Beach VW comfort mattress isn't very comfortable. We use a topper as well and it means we have a boot full of bedding
I'd look at maybe the vanessa mattress or something else
I was wanting the original one, as I am told that its contoured to fit within the shape of the seat amd then use duvalays? I will have a look though mate, cheers for the advice, because I'm really struggling to source one. Dealer said today there's a few out there, and if I order the wrong one, its tough.... !

I was wanting the original one, as I am told that its contoured to fit within the shape of the seat amd then use duvalays? I will have a look though mate, cheers for the advice, because I'm really struggling to source one. Dealer said today there's a few out there, and if I order the wrong one, its tough.... !
I would get the comfort mattress - I think @Amarillo tried an alternative at first and then bought the comfort one as none of the others are contoured and it makes a massive difference.

I would get the comfort mattress - I think @Amarillo tried an alternative at first and then bought the comfort one as none of the others are contoured and it makes a massive difference.
That's what I was lead to believe. Thanks for your help and advice

That's what I was lead to believe. Thanks for your help and advice

We tried two mattresses first.

1. The Ikea Talgje (£60)
2. Brandrup (£499)

Neither lie flat. The Brandrup is much softer than the Talgje. Both are too long for the standard bed.

We bought a 2nd hand barely used VW original mattress. It is a little firm, so we use the Talgje as a topper on top of it and find it a perfect combination.
Zzzzzz....

We tried two mattresses first.

1. The Ikea Talgje (£60)
2. Brandrup (£499)

Neither lie flat. The Brandrup is much softer than the Talgje. Both are too long for the standard bed.

We bought a 2nd hand barely used VW original mattress. It is a little firm, so we use the Talgje as a topper on top of it and find it a perfect combination.
Zzzzzz....
Sounds exactly what I am after, just can't get hold of a second hand one. I will be speaking to dealer tomorrow for a quote off them

Hi everyone, I've got some problems with my old mattress, but I really don't want to buy a new one. Thinking about a topper. Found tones of comparisons (like this one) but all of them go against one another. It would be more than great if you could recommend one.

Hi everyone, I've got some problems with my old mattress, but I really don't want to buy a new one. Thinking about a topper. Found tones of comparisons (like this one) but all of them go against one another. It would be more than great if you could recommend one.
@stillc , your profile states "looking to buy". If you are able to update with the correct vehicle, we should be able to advise better. Thanks.

Ikea Talgje, king size for the Beach £65; double for the Ocean £60.

After a lot of research we’ve just taken the plunge and ordered the duvalay combined mattress and duvets. Ouch! A significant investment but you can’t put a price on a good nights sleep. Will let you know how we get on.