Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar system GrandCali 600

N

nuno ribeiro

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello
I have a big problem since the beginning with my grand cali 600, the solar panel don't work and don't give energy to the battery...anyone's have the same problem?...I put the grand cali 600 in vw guaranty and they tell me the problem gonna solve since january but until now, nothing happen...its horrible, we don't have autonomy and only work when we go camping and buy electricity....

Anyone have any thoughts on this issue with solar panel on a GC600?

@Loz sorry to bother you on easter weekend. Any thoughts?

Hello
I have a big problem since the beginning with my grand cali 600, the solar panel don't work and don't give energy to the battery...anyone's have the same problem?...I put the grand cali 600 in vw guaranty and they tell me the problem gonna solve since january but until now, nothing happen...its horrible, we don't have autonomy and only work when we go camping and buy electricity....
Hi Nuno, how do you know its not supplying your batteries.

Never seen the setup, so only guessing, but I would check fuses and try and find the charge controller. It may have an isolator.
can you post any photos of the controller?

Never seen the setup, so only guessing, but I would check fuses and try and find the charge controller. It may have an isolator.
can you post any photos of the controller?
Hi Loz

FYI this is the set up pictures from my van

A4515915-63F7-4221-A198-45608838E285.jpeg

ABF7E2A0-5628-416F-A3FA-8AA84A44DF0E.jpeg

From your picture, it looks like the solar controller is working, but your battery isolator is off?

Hello
Just a thought, have you downloaded the Votronic App and connected this. It may help you check what’s happening.

Looking at the photos there is a relay missing might be that the photo you first submitted had different options.
I would use a voltmeter to check the supply to the controller, then check the output from the controller and then check the voltage level on the batteries when the sun is shining. I would then repeat this measurements at night when the solar panels are not producing electricity.

Hi Im having the same problem - Solar panel doesnt seem to be charging leisure battery - unless engine is turned on ( and no I havent selected the dashboard option to recharge the leisure battery whilst in motion) Any ideas welcome

Sorry, not very helpful but just incase you had any doubt - You would know for sure if it was charging, mine charges my battery to 100% every day when camping, over night the fridge takes it down to 20% and it will be at 60% by lunch (fridge still on).

Sorry, not very helpful but just incase you had any doubt - You would know for sure if it was charging, mine charges my battery to 100% every day when camping, over night the fridge takes it down to 20% and it will be at 60% by lunch (fridge still on).
Have you tried putting the fridge on Night Mode overnight, might save your battery a bit?

Have you tried putting the fridge on Night Mode overnight, might save your battery a bit?
Yeah I do that, there is no problem though, I was simply explaining the solar panel works very well at recharging to 100% through the day (in UK!)

We had no solar charging problem on our trip few days ago and we called the service about it. After a while the service called back and asked to check the ST1 fuse. Pulled it out and it was ok, but this "power reboot" made the solar charging work again. Adding picture for the fuse. Its under the bed in the back under the solar charge controller.

Solar_charge_fuse.png

Nuno riebeiro, you solved your problem? I have exactly the same problem...

for those who had the problem with their solar panel not working, is it resolved?

Back