Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Some queries about the new options on T6

Quinnster77

Quinnster77

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I think i've got my final spec figured out for my 204 DSG Ocean, some outstanding queries i've got are:

Uprated alternator = worth it to charge up the batteries more efficiently or faster? Might need less hook up pitches? Might even uprate the primary battery too so i can run the radio without fear of a flat battery?

Multi function steering wheel, it looks like you get a multifunction wheel with cruise control option, but then there is another leather multifunction steering wheel as an option. Anyone else worked this out yet?

I'm also trying to spec a 204DSG Ocean. I can't work out the steering wheel options. On my T5 the (leather) multi-function steering wheel controls the radio, phone, and multi-function display; a separate stalk looks after cruise control. It looks as though the Ocean steering wheel now has cruise control. How you specify what you want is not clear to me though.

Also, do you know what happened to the adaptive suspension option (offered in Germany) but I can't see it in the UK options?

Now I have another query!

Without seats row 2? I'm hoping that's going to remove that middle rail that seems to be standard on the ocean now? I'll never want a 5th seat & would prefer to have less rails to clean out.

Now I have another query!

Without seats row 2? I'm hoping that's going to remove that middle rail that seems to be standard on the ocean now? I'll never want a 5th seat & would prefer to have less rails to clean out.

This option removes the bench seat, lol. Probably not a great idea!

Anyone else thinking of debadging the back of their t6? It's a free option not to have the California and the engine detailing.
I'm tempted to have that clean tailgate and not shout Cali at people. Plus I have the BEACH graphic on the side now anyway!
What you think?

Saves taking off I have de badged our t5

Hi, Does anyone have an options list yet for the T6 Beach ?

It's been posted a few times in the T6 discussion forum. Have a look further down the list of topics

Sorry - found it thanks. Just back from a camping holiday and catching up :)
Ordering Saturday - YaY !

Anyone know more about the following options:-

Z16 Composition Media Radio 6.33"............. Apart from it been bigger does it do anything more than the 5" version ?

9WT App Connect only available with 6.33" Media Radio ........ What does this provide ?

Lights and Vision package ........ What does this include ?

IS2 Electrical Interface and multi-function control module for external use...... What is this?

I'm also trying to spec a 204DSG Ocean. I can't work out the steering wheel options. On my T5 the (leather) multi-function steering wheel controls the radio, phone, and multi-function display; a separate stalk looks after cruise control. It looks as though the Ocean steering wheel now has cruise control. How you specify what you want is not clear to me though.

Also, do you know what happened to the adaptive suspension option (offered in Germany) but I can't see it in the UK options?

I'm also looking to spec up a 204DSG Ocean. I currently own a Touran with the DSG and would not buy a California without it. Subject I know nothing about is the 4Motion. For those who have had it is it a must. Cost and reduced fuel consumption rule it out for me but I would be interested in hearing the arguments for! Ta

Lights and Vision package ........ What does this include ? Auto lights and rain sensor wipers ?

Lights and Vision package ........ What does this include ? Auto lights and rain sensor wipers ?
And auto dimming rear view mirror I believe.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Anyone know more about the following options:-

Z16 Composition Media Radio 6.33"............. Apart from it been bigger does it do anything more than the 5" version ?

9WT App Connect only available with 6.33" Media Radio ........ What does this provide ?

Lights and Vision package ........ What does this include ?

IS2 Electrical Interface and multi-function control module for external use...... What is this?

App Connect gives you Apple Carplay from an iphone or similar for Android. Check out some of the you tube demos of carplay, i can see this being very useful for display of apple maps or itunes music

App Connect gives you Apple Carplay from an iphone or similar for Android. Check out some of the you tube demos of carplay, i can see this being very useful for display of apple maps or itunes music
It's quite expensive to get the upgrade stereo and then add app connect (around £500ish off the top of my head). Would it be better just buying an carplay stereo from elsewhere?

Pioneer SPH-DA120 is about £330 and you'd be able to sell the stereo the Cali comes with. Maybe better doing that??

It's quite expensive to get the upgrade stereo and then add app connect (around £500ish off the top of my head). Would it be better just buying an carplay stereo from elsewhere?
Then you have the headache of making sure it works with the parking sensors?

I think i've got my final spec figured out for my 204 DSG Ocean, some outstanding queries i've got are:

Uprated alternator = worth it to charge up the batteries more efficiently or faster? Might need less hook up pitches? Might even uprate the primary battery too so i can run the radio without fear of a flat battery?

Multi function steering wheel, it looks like you get a multifunction wheel with cruise control option, but then there is another leather multifunction steering wheel as an option. Anyone else worked this out yet?

I've spoken to a dealer today...

The uprated alternator is a a 'heavy duty' alternator. I asked if it would charge quicker and he said no but it would be more durable. The battery upgrade is only for the van & therefore auxiliary power. It isn't the leisure batteries.

If you want cruise control you have to choose this and you will have to pay for the multi function steering wheel.

A few other queries I had...

What's happened to the shower (we have a dog!) - apparently this is the II6 'with built in cupboard, type 6'

The lights and vision package is auto lights & rain sensors

Within Electrical the options IS2, IS1 & IS6 are only required if you wanted to modify the van and install your own electrical items e.g. 2nd fridge, plasma tv. Most people won't need that.

Laminated glass package in cab is additional safety in case of an accident. The van has safety glass though.

My outstanding queries are relate to audio visual. I want to have satnav and be able to connect my iphone for music but I don't want all the App connectivity (as this will be a future monthly subscription and there is no info as to how much and what exactly it does. The only option with Satnav for the Ocean appears to be Z18 the ' Discover Media Navigation Plus' at £1404. Has any worked out how to get just Satnav? It doesn't come as standard.

The other query was what is 9VP 'Digital Sound Package'. Is this an uprated speaker system? The dealer was going to try and find out but did say if VW UK don't know they'll have to ask the factory in Germany and that could take 3 weeks for an answer. Has anyone got any info on this please?

I've got to say I found Mark Wheelwright at the VW Active Leisure Centre very helpful (01274 985253). I have been unsure about 4Motion & DSG and he took me out for a test drive in a T5 today for me to have a feel of how it might be.

"App connectivity (as this will be a future monthly subscription and there is no info as to how much and what exactly it does."

Who said it was a future monthly subscription thing? Haven't heard that before...

SWMBO has just got a Golf GTE (plug in hybrid) with Car Net. You install the app on your phone and can remotely check driving data, whether it's locked, shows if any door or windows are open on a graphic, state of battery charge and where the car is parked (on Google maps, and directions how to walk to it!).

You can also start/stop battery charging, turn on/off air con/heating and program charging rates to coincide with journeys. Plus other stuff I haven't figured out ... makes the remote heating fob for the Cali look a bit sick :D

Unfortunately I can't get it to make the car refuse to go near any shops to stop her spending ... :(

BTW the hybrid is very impressive, can't wait for it to come out on the Cali .... £5k government grant too, but that finishes soon.

Back