Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6 Ocean

D

Dan

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi Guys. I'm new to the forum but as I've just ordered a new T6, I thought I'd sign up and introduce myself.

I'd be interested to know what you guys think of my option choices. This is my first Cali (although I hired a t5.1 couple of years ago)

I've gone for an ocean 204 4motion with DSG and added these options:

metallic paint (currently gone for the beige but may change this to silver in the next couple of days)

Cruise control
App connect
6.33" media upgrade.
Parking sensors with rear camera
Multi function steering wheel
Removable towbar
Heavy duty roll bars
17" brake and chassis upgrade
Privacy glass
Updated battery (I'm assuming this means the vehicle battery and not the leisure one??)

I've been told that delivery will be April / May. Does that sound likely based on everyone else's experiences?

I've got to say that this is a great forum and lots of the information on here helped me make my decisions and negotiate prices. Can't wait!

Dan.

Hi and welcome .
Now the Cali is on order , start planning trips.....

Welcome! Sounds like a beauty!
Did you have to spec privacy?
I thought it was standard on ocean.

Hi Guys. I'm new to the forum but as I've just ordered a new T6, I thought I'd sign up and introduce myself.

I'd be interested to know what you guys think of my option choices. This is my first Cali (although I hired a t5.1 couple of years ago)

I've gone for an ocean 204 4motion with DSG and added these options:

metallic paint (currently gone for the beige but may change this to silver in the next couple of days)

Cruise control
App connect
6.33" media upgrade.
Parking sensors with rear camera
Multi function steering wheel
Removable towbar
Heavy duty roll bars
17" brake and chassis upgrade
Privacy glass
Updated battery (I'm assuming this means the vehicle battery and not the leisure one??)

I've been told that delivery will be April / May. Does that sound likely based on everyone else's experiences?

I've got to say that this is a great forum and lots of the information on here helped me make my decisions and negotiate prices. Can't wait!

Dan.
Looks almost the same as mine, i've not gone for 4motion....

Additionally i've gone for the comfort mattress.

My order has had the 17" brake and chassis upgrade removed when it came to adding to the system. Assumption that its standard on Ocean.

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the club!

I've been trying to finalise the spec of a 204PS 4-motion DSG for a while now. Based on this exercise and owning a T5, my thoughts on your spec are:
Colour - I have a silver T5 and it's not my favourite colour. I think some of the other colours look nicer, and silver does show the dirt easily.
Rear view camera - sounds useful but in practice I just look where I am reversing. The parking sensors are useful. If you are going to be towing regularly then the camera is great for lining up the tow bar.
I really like the electric sliding door - makes me smile every time I use it (and it's useful!).
I have the Z4A Lights and Vision pack on my list. Unfortunately I can't remember what it is, but must have seemed a good idea at the time. My guess is that it's either auto-dimming rear view mirror and/or headlamp washers.

Hi Dan, presume you have not yet sat down with dealer and input your options.
Might find it throws up all sorts of questions.

Sounds like there are a few of us going for a similar spec or at least the 204 4 Motion DSG.

Colour wise looking like the Indium Grey for me but have not completely ruled out the pearlescent white.

Tow bar - For me it's the bike rack but then I live in a flat and have limited storage. I also like the look of the Cali with the rack.

Personally going all in with the Discover Media Plus but would go for your package if I wasn't.

I've got one shot at this and am therefore not going to compromise so some if not all the driving aids/toys are on my list as you only live once. I believe it's these and the infotainment options that make the T6 different than the T5 so it's all in for me. Still a few questions and then it's negotiate with dealer time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Sounds like a beauty!
Did you have to spec privacy?
I thought it was standard on ocean.
Thanks. Yes I did spec privacy as its not standard (at least that's what I was told) I've done for the £288 option and not the laminated one.

Hi Dan, presume you have not yet sat down with dealer and input your options.
Might find it throws up all sorts of questions.

Sounds like there are a few of us going for a similar spec or at least the 204 4 Motion DSG.

Colour wise looking like the Indium Grey for me but have not completely ruled out the pearlescent white.

Tow bar - For me it's the bike rack but then I live in a flat and have limited storage. I also like the look of the Cali with the rack.

Personally going all in with the Discover Media Plus but would go for your package if I wasn't.

I've got one shot at this and am therefore not going to compromise so some if not all the driving aids/toys are on my list as you only live once. I believe it's these and the infotainment options that make the T6 different than the T5 so it's all in for me. Still a few questions and then it's negotiate with dealer time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. Yes I spend an hour or so with my local dealer looking at the options but after only being offered a 3% discount, I went home and ordered through Drive the Deal. They were very helpful and the discount works out to roughly 8.5%. I think my 17" brake upgrade is likely to be removed based on what people have said as I've only spec'd the standard wheels.
I know that valley fabric is the only interior choice but does anyone know if there is a choice of colour on the interior carpet and plastics (seat bases and armrests, under seat drawer etc? The ocean that I looked at was all cream / beige. I'm sure they used grey on the t5?

Cream carpets aren't great with a dog!