Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Some questions

JohnGuppy

JohnGuppy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My new T6 arrived at the dealer last on Thursday last and I went and had a look round and will be picking it up in the next couple of days and I wonder if anyone could help with a few questions
It was built 20/05/17 and arrived on the 1/06/17
and is fitted with the following
Discover Media Navigation system does this have connection to ones iPhone and able to use apps and data
Premium Bluetooth Phone interface would have considered this to be part of the radio
Dynaudio from what I see its an upgraded speaker and amp system with big speaker in dash
front and rear parking sensors ( does this inc a rev camera or can it be fitted }

It seems to have two extra buttons behind the steering wheel is this paddles for gear changing or just there if you have the option ?

Last thing it says fitted as standard a mattress topper in the specification but mine does not have one and the dealer wants £400 inc vat , yet all the factor videos show this topper is it missing or do I have to buy ?

I must say I did not order this vehicle it was ordered by the dealer as stock last year

It seems lots of changes have been made and I am trying to find out what I have bought

thanks
john

Hi John, :welcome

I can't answer all your questions but I am sure others will.

The buttons behind the steering wheel? I assume your Cali has DSG auto? In which case you have the sport steering wheel with paddles for changing gear. If your Cali does not have DSG then I am not sure what the buttons are for. I can't believe VW would fit this steering wheel without the auto...........

Just ask for the build sheet, that should explain all.

Hi JW
Yes do have a DSG and it says multi sorts S steering Wheel so I guess it must have not a function I will use as prefer to drive in auto and mine is same colour as yours love the blue

only thing lets it down is awning is silver or black and mines silver :(

Hi JW
found the built sheet it does seem I have flappy paddles not sure if they work, after reading the build spec it does seem I have answered all my questions and I will be a happy bunny as the person who placed the order ticked all the boxes lol

Discover Media Navigation system does this have connection to ones iPhone and able to use apps and data
Premium Bluetooth Phone interface would have considered this to be part of the radio
You should have 1 USB socket in the top glove box and if you added it to your order a second in the small cubby by the gear lever.
You need to use a lightning cable to connect this to use CarPlay. (this overrides bluetooth)

Hi John, :welcome

I can't answer all your questions but I am sure others will.

The buttons behind the steering wheel? I assume your Cali has DSG auto? In which case you have the sport steering wheel with paddles for changing gear. If your Cali does not have DSG then I am not sure what the buttons are for. I can't believe VW would fit this steering wheel without the auto...........

I too have the DSG Auto but i don't have the paddles on my Multi function steering wheel, am i missing out on something here?

I too have the DSG Auto but i don't have the paddles on my Multi function steering wheel, am i missing out on something here?
Nope. Stick your DSG in manual on a RH drive and you can change gears if that takes your fancy with the touch of one finger. Was not an option when I got mine and if it had been it would have been a pass.

Mike