Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry to be a pain.....

R

Rossboy2009

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
As a beginner who has bought a second hand vehicle I have a question around cruise control as I can't get it to work. I don't want to assume I have been sold a duff (the centre control panel that I originally moaned about has fixed itself) and the guy I bought from was extremely genuine and has responded to all of my queries.

BUT

Should cruise control be easy to use? I have it on another car and have never had an issue. On the California, I can't make it work. Questions:

1. Does the switch need to be set "off" to start with?
2. If it is set to "on" does the dash light show at all times (not just at a range of speeds)
3. Is my cruise control broken?

Thanks
Ross

1. Does the switch need to be set "off" to start with?
2. If it is set to "on" does the dash light show at all times (not just at a range of speeds)
3. Is my cruise control broken?

On a 2014 DSG:-

1. No
2. Yes
3. Unlikely but possible.

Yours may be different of course, being the pre facelift Cali.

You're not being a pain BTW, it's nice to help others when you can.

Colin

2008 model switch needs to be on but the light on dash only shows when you have set it . To set it press down on switch you should then see green light on dash after braking or using clutch you then need to reset again hope this all makes sense.

On my 2015 cali, switch can be on all the time.

When you push the lower side button the speed it set. Pushing up and down will then increase or decrease by 1mph.

If you cancel then push the upper it will resume at the last set speed.

On my last car there was a problem with my cruise control it was linked to a dodgy brake light switch which would knock it off almost immediately if I hit a bump.

Worth adding the brake switch was a £9 part which I could change myself on the Brera, not sure if its the same on the T5 but may save you a fortune if it is that.

Back