Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sourcing & installing a 3rd rail

B

Bubble

VIP Member
Hi

Just bought a bargain 5th seat ...anyone know where I can purchase a reasonably priced third rail.. If I can get my hands on one I would probably find a local conversion company to install it. Is this the best route to take ?

Cheers

Thanks I'll call him ... Does the guy mind giving out advice ??

Seem to remember it was not for faint hearted !! Quite involved.

Its like most things.. Best left to those who know how.. Spoke to Colin a Oxford t5. Nice guy and helpfull. They need bolting right the way through with specific brackets etc so a ramp is needed etc.
Good thing is that it's very possible so thanks everyone for the help :D

Will you come back and keep us up to date with progress, it could be a popular upgrade.

just had mine done wiyh Colin and his team, they did an uotstanding job.
highly recommended!

Can you have a fifth and 6th seat fitted with only two rails?

I already have three rails, I thought that was the norm for a Cali beach? I am looking to buy an additional seat or two, so if anyone has any wisdom the I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

revnicolashephard@+++++.com

with thanks

Sorry to jump on this thread, but on a new build SE, do you still have to order an additional seat in order to get the 3rd rail or is it now standard?

:thanks
Maud

I may be wrong but I thought all Cali's came with 3 rails as standard :thumb

Only 2 rails in standard California SE, unless 5th seat ordered.

This may sound like a silly question... but i have a 2 seat bench beach and there are three rails under the bench and i am presuming there is another under the box at the side.

Is this correct? If so then I have 4 rails!!!

If this is right then i am guessing I can remove the multiplex board and box and have two additional seats in the back.