STANDBY

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Very interesting to see the number of threads and the inventiveness of T5/T6 Beach owners attempting to convert their pride and joy into a T5 SE/ T6 Ocean lookalike.

Bored on the Bus into Cardiff. :talktothehand

Oh WG...you better get on the road to NordKapp again pronto...!

You'll go to Hell in hand cart for comments like that!
With or without a sink/cooker.

Ready for this one. At least you can convert a beach into a wannabe SE. Oh dear what have I just done?

Now this may be very stereotypical (more blue touchpaper) - but it seems that the whole Beach / Ocean discussion can be summed up very simply. Blokes want a shed on wheels - the Beach - whilst our better halves want a house on wheels - the Ocean. :talktothehand . What we end up with shows who wears the trousers.................

We have an Ocean - make of that what you will ;)

Last edited:
Ready for this one. At least you can convert a beach into a wannabe SE. Oh dear what have I just done?
Much easier to convert an SE / Ocean into a Beach - all it would take is a crowbar. :mute

Back on the bus now. See there have been a few responses.:rolleyes:

Much easier to convert an SE / Ocean into a Beach - all it would take is a crowbar. :mute
It's always easier to downgrade rather than upgrade. :D

Not convinced by the shed theory, shouldn't it have more lawn mowers, cobwebs and random gardening implements inside in that case? ;)

I couldn't afford the extra 12k for the sink, cooker and cupboard extras, it's the only reason I don't have an SE :sorry but it does leave more room for lawn mowers and at least my flexi light didn't get stolen on the bright side.

;) :bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:D

I just dropped my Beach off for visual inspection at Listers Van Centre Coventry and was admiring some of the SEs and an Ocean on show, very nice too. Quite a few on there, and even spotted an unregistered t5 SE interestingly.

Reactions: DM
Just wait and there would soon be lots of threads with Ocean owners trying to ditch unnecessary stuff inside to lighten the van up :)

Just wait and there would soon be lots of threads with Ocean owners trying to ditch unnecessary stuff inside to lighten the van up :)
Ooh, Might even be able to pick up a cheap kitchen unit.

They make him ride on the roof rack sometimes I think , he literally means on the bus...

Why were you on a bus anyway?

Had your cali broke down?
Got my Bus Pass so might as well use, and we've got Free WiFi on the bus.

A blast upto Stoneleigh, near Coventry, tomorrow and then Crystal Palace at the weekend for an exhibition at the Royal Acadamy and Madame Tussaud's. Last went there 30 years ago with the children.

What size kitchen in the bus? :)
It was a Beach Bus, no kitchen. The SE/Ocean Bus only runs on the premier routes.:thumb

Was it a Bristol VRT?

Built next door to you .... 30 years ago....

No. This one.
image.jpeg

First Cymru Cymru Clipper, Optare Versa

Huh!

Mercedes based ...

Obviously swayed by your bus experience it's the Marco Polo next?

Huh!

Mercedes based ...

Obviously swayed by your bus experience it's the Marco Polo next?
Did like the Air Suspension and built in Free WiFi. LED lighting all round.
No, will probably stay with VW unless they really make a mess of the T7, or stop making the California in which case who knows.

exploring the forum while i am in my sick bed (temporary) and now i need to be hospitalised because my sides have split………………..sooooo funny you guys are!

Back