Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Numbers sold - T6 Beach vs T6 Ocean

T6 owners only. Have you a Beach or Ocean?

• Beach T6

Votes: 81 44.5%
  • Ocean T6

Votes: 101 55.5%

• Total voters
[UK T6 owners only please]
Following the current news / rumour that VW will stop the Beach model in the UK, we were speculating on the proportion of Beach Sales to Ocean Sales. I've created a poll, but only want T6 owners in the UK to reply, as we are after the recent importance of the Beach, and including the T5 would make the result inaccurate because of the years when only the SE was available, and we are trying to understand the importance of the Beach in recent years)
My own feeling is that the rumour will turn out to be incorrect, but the info will be useful to the shop etc.
Coast owners can sit on their hands for the moment!
Edit: members who have ordered but not taken delivery are welcome to take part.
Totally incorrect
New model beach and ocean seen at Düsseldorf show this week
Also new Coast model which is half way to an ocean but unlikely to be available in uk
Shame actually as it’s much cheaper than ocean and has full kitchen

Totally incorrect
Also new Coast model which is half way to an ocean but unlikely to be available in uk
You may well have seen it this week but can you confirm that VW will be exporting it to the UK?

Totally incorrect
Not sure where to point this out, but here seems as good as anywhere...it seems to have been said here and there that the coast is 'halfway' between a beach and an ocean, but it's not really, it's just a slightly low spec ocean. I have one and outlined all the differences on a previous thread. Basically the coast is about 10k less and has about 10k less options. Manual roof, very basic stereo, basic wheels, less coloured plastic, less chrome, no air con, no folding mirrors, no Led lights, no heater, etc. I then speced mine up to the tune of about 7k and got all the bits I wanted so it came out 3k cheaper.

Just to stress, the coast is not 'halfway' to an ocean. It is the same, just slightly lower spec. You couldn't tell the difference other than the word on the side in most cases. You can spec a coast to be almost identical to an ocean, you obviously can't do so with a beach.

127 votes, 53.7% Ocean. Much closer than I think we all thought.
Let's see if we can get a few more votes in then we can put the poll to bed.

I'd be curious to know whether Ocean owners are more likely to be on this forum than Beach owners. I can see reasons either way -- but wouldn't assume the proportion here matches the proportion of owners generally.

The Beach 6.1 will deffo be coming to UK..with the fold out kitchen its called Beach Camper while theusual Beach (but now with twin sliding doors) is the Beach Tour. You can also now have option of electric roof on both, though I suspect the manual roof is is going to be preferred!

California Chris is saying that the Beach 6.1 is not going to be available in UK, only in Europe.

California Chris is saying that the Beach 6.1 is not going to be available in UK, only in Europe.
Don’t care what he says
6.1 available for order now in uk
Lesser colour choices than Germany

just seems crazy to me. Are many beach owners likely to consider the coast as a valid alternative?

Replacing the ocean with a coast I could have understood....they may have got fed up fixing dodgy hydraulic pop tops.

Don’t care what he says
6.1 available for order now in uk
Lesser colour choices than Germany

just seems crazy to me. Are many beach owners likely to consider the coast as a valid alternative?

Replacing the ocean with a coast I could have understood....they may have got fed up fixing dodgy hydraulic pop tops.
No problems with pop top only stupid operators
Coast not available in uk YET but watch this space as Vw look for more sales

Really? Happy to take some hints on how i could have prevented my passenger side hydraulics failing.:)
Not keeping pump engaged for a few seconds after roof fully retracted in the vast majority of instances
Accept there are odd failures as with any electro hydraulic device in any machinery
Definitely not an inherent or design fault
Infrequent use of roof causes problems

you will notice from this video that the coast and ocean are basically the same thing.

Back