Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

steering wheel locks again

R

Rod Cunningham

Hi, Rod here, close to pick up time for Cali SE T6. Thinking about disklok or stopcock pro. Does anyone use one or other and therefore does it fit Cali steering wheel?

best wishes

Rod

Thanks DM, yes I have looked at the threads but want to know if the disklok and or stoplock pro fit over the new steering wheel. For some reason the stoplock pro doesn't fit our skoda.

best wishes Rod

If you are planning a overseas trip in the near future , get yourself a Bearlock .
Have it installed in Holland at CCN while you wait .
Bearlock is the easyest mecanical lock there is , and very good . It locks the gearstick (manual or DSG)
https://www.bearlock.nl/

So i have heard on the forum there's no one installing them in the UK , don't know why , in Holland and Germany these are very common.

Thanks Hotel California, Bear lock looks good

Thanks Hotel California, Bear lock looks good

Supposed to be the best but unfortunate not availeble in the UK ( if i may belive comments here on the forum)

I have it on my DSG and locking it takes less than 5seconds , the fact it is that easy to lock/unlock creates a habbit of putting it on every time you get out the verhicle , even just to go in for bread or at the gasstation.

Hi, Rod here, close to pick up time for Cali SE T6. Thinking about disklok or stopcock pro. Does anyone use one or other and therefore does it fit Cali steering wheel?

best wishes

Rod
I've used the Disklock for about 18/12 now all the time . Works well . My wife tried to use the water key recently though and nearly broke it off .Could have been interesting ! 8 secs to fit .10 secs to remove .

If you are planning a overseas trip in the near future , get yourself a Bearlock .
Have it installed in Holland at CCN while you wait .
Bearlock is the easyest mecanical lock there is , and very good . It locks the gearstick (manual or DSG)
https://www.bearlock.nl/

So i have heard on the forum there's no one installing them in the UK , don't know why , in Holland and Germany these are very common.

I have read (Dutch Forum) Transporters still get stolen with a Bearlock. We where advised to get a Construct lock installed on our Cali. Same idea of protection, but presumably harder to crack.....

I have read (Dutch Forum) Transporters still get stolen with a Bearlock. We where advised to get a Construct lock installed on our Cali. Same idea of protection, but presumably harder to crack.....

In the end probally everything can get stolen , if they simply use a recovery verhicle like AA or ADAC (pechverhelping;)) there's nothing to prevent this....
Also bear in mind you always hear bad stories but never the stories on people from who's car not could get stolen due to good working locks and alarms.

Had a Disklok on my old Defender & they seem to deter, I never lost mine although quite a few others did locally.
The main negative is its size when off and where to put it.

Have a Stoplock Professional from previous cars and have put it on the new Cali.
Thinking about adding a pedal lock. Just to make it obvious that its going to take time to get it mobile & hopefully deter theft attempts.

Back