Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Beach multifunction steering wheel

R

Robovw

Hi
I am looking at ordering a T6 Beach with ACC. The price list mentions multifunction steering wheel with cruise control and as separate extra. Does anyone know if it's included with ACC or do I have to order as extra?

Hi
I am looking at ordering a T6 Beach with ACC. The price list mentions multifunction steering wheel with cruise control and as separate extra. Does anyone know if it's included with ACC or do I have to order as extra?
It's not very clear is it?
I'm still a little unsure. Good price at around £240 if it's cruise control and a MFSW. (My dealer assures me that ACC is that price but doesn't come with a multi function steering wheel).
Anyone any clearer out there?

I had to order both for an Ocean

Slightly different view, I ordered the ACC package for an Ocean £960, when the dealer selected this on his computer it opened a drop down box which listed the package contents for example a multi function steering wheel which operated telephone etc....,?????

The information I have had (and also the German VW website configurator) suggests it is also included in the Beach pack, which if true actually makes it pretty good value at £870. The pack is stated to contain:

Front Assist incl. city automatic emergency braking for ACC low 6K3
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) 8T5
Leather parts scope 3HB
Leather multi-function steering wheel 2ZH

Its really hard when it is no clear source of info!

Last edited:
Hi,
I can confirm that when you would like to specify Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) on a T6 California Beach, you have to have it as a 'Pack', which includes the following:
  • Front Assist (Including Emergency City Braking)
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Leather Parts Scope
  • Leather Multi-Function Steering Wheel
The confusion however, lies with there being two possible options for the ACC pack. There is the option to have one that has a maximum speed of 130mph and the other that has a maximum of 99mph. The 130mph version can only be specified on the California Ocean and the 99mph version only on the Beach.

Hope this clears things up! :)

ACC Pack.jpg

Hi,
I can confirm that when you would like to specify Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) on a T6 California Beach, you have to have it as a 'Pack', which includes the following:
  • Leather Parts Scope
The confusion however, lies with there being two possible options for the ACC pack. There is the option to have one that has a maximum speed of 130mph and the other that has a maximum of 99mph. The 130mph version can only be specified on the California Ocean and the 99mph version only on the Beach.

View attachment 10684
OK That's great and my understanding too..... Just to probe a little deeper.... The multi steering wheel in the pack what multi functions does it have.... Telephone ? ACC? Radio ?

OK That's great and my understanding too..... Just to probe a little deeper.... The multi steering wheel in the pack what multi functions does it have.... Telephone ? ACC? Radio ?
Please see the photo attached to see an example of a multi function steering wheel with ACC. Albeit the photo is from a Volkswagen Golf, the California will be very similar, if not identical! To confirm, the multi function steering wheel will have the following controls:
  • Radio/Media Volume increase and decrease buttons.
  • Radio/Media Volume mute button.
  • Radio station/media track skip forward and backward buttons.
  • Multi function display buttons (to answer bluetooth)
  • All controls for Adaptive cruise control

ACC steering wheel.jpg

Please see the photo attached to see an example of a multi function steering wheel with ACC. Albeit the photo is from a Volkswagen Golf, the California will be very similar, if not identical! To confirm, the multi function steering wheel will have the following controls:
  • Radio/Media Volume increase and decrease buttons.
  • Radio/Media Volume mute button.
  • Radio station/media track skip forward and backward buttons.
  • Multi function display buttons (to answer bluetooth)
  • All controls for Adaptive cruise control

View attachment 10707
So helpful. Many thanks

Helpful and re assuring

Hi,
  • Leather Parts Scope

View attachment 10684
Hi,

I'm trying to find out if standard ACC on a 150BHP DSG T6 Beach does "follow to stop" or if it only works down to ~15mph. Can you confirm this?

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if standard ACC on a 150BHP DSG T6 Beach does "follow to stop" or if it only works down to ~15mph. Can you confirm this?

The minimum speed you can set on the T6 is 20mph or 30kph (depending on the metric/imperial mode). But if following a vehicle the ACC works to 2mph (I don’t know/can’t remember the metric equivalent). Below 2mph it disengages with an audible bleep and a warning on the dash to manually apply the brake.

Back