Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stenaline Harwich to Hook vehicle class

Poodlehat2222

Poodlehat2222

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I am thinking about booking the Stenaline Harwich to Hook ferry. Can I book the Cali (2022 coast) as a car or do I need to book as motorhome?

If anyone has booked as a car has this caused issues at the port?

TIA

I am thinking about booking the Stenaline Harwich to Hook ferry. Can I book the Cali (2022 coast) as a car or do I need to book as motorhome?

TIA
No idea about bookings by suggest I that you keep an eye on A14 roadworks which seen to be almost continuous.

TIA
I've only booked as a Campervan. It is a small port and they do stream the vehicles as cars go on first and then the Deck rises up to let the HGV and larger vehicles on, which means they are 1st off.

No idea about bookings by suggest I that you keep an eye on A14 roadworks which seen to be almost continuous.
Interesting as I came back from Ely via the A14 just 2 weeks ago. No roadworks this time. There have been in the past.

Interesting as I came back from Ely via the A14 just 2 weeks ago. No roadworks this time. There have been in the past.
You were lucky. How is the M4?

The last lot I noted where near Stowmarket and of course the Orwell bridge was closed recently. Mainly at night.

You were lucky. How is the M4?

The last lot I noted where near Stowmarket and of course the Orwell bridge was closed recently. Mainly at night.

Bristol area they are re-doing central barriers, 50mph and using the hard shoulder and slightly narrower lanes. Usual Brynglas tunnels in Newport congestion. I believe there might be some roadworks west of Port Talbot.

Hi there, you book as a campervan but the smaller length version. I think it’s about £5 or £10 more, but you often disembark more quickly!

Hi there, you book as a campervan but the smaller length version. I think it’s about £5 or £10 more, but you often disembark more quickly!
Cheers. Just done that and made minimal difference, as you say, about 10 quid each way. I presumed it would be a massive price hike.

Different crossing but this may be useful. Last year I tried to book my Cali on the DFDS Newcastle Amsterdam ferry as a campervan and their system showed full for the outbound journey, I was however able to book it as a large car as it was within the dimensions. No issues at all either direction.

Back